🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials
Page options
Tomoe G Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

445 REPLIES 445
Grace C Community Member

I received a message that my (client's) Linked in addres was invalid. This was after I did copy and paste. Then entered it manually and then copied and pasted again.

It would not allow me to submit the Testimonial Request. Therefore, my client cannot submit a review for me.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Grace

SAIMA K Community Member

Hello,

Welcome to Upwork! It's great to have you as part of this vibrant community.

I understand your concern about not being able to showcase your previous client feedback on your Upwork profile. While Upwork primarily focuses on the feedback and reviews received on this platform, there are a few ways you can indirectly leverage your experience from other platforms to build your reputation here:

1. Highlight Your Experience: In your Upwork profile description, you can mention that you have worked as a freelancer on other platforms before joining Upwork. This demonstrates your prior experience in freelancing.

2. Portfolio: You can use the portfolio section to showcase your previous work. Even if you can't display client reviews directly, presenting your work samples can give potential clients an idea of your skills and capabilities.

3. Custom Proposals: When you submit proposals to clients, you can mention your experience and achievements from other platforms in a professional and concise manner. Explain how your past experience benefits the client's project.

4. Request for Reviews: After successfully completing projects on Upwork, kindly request your clients to leave reviews and feedback on your profile. Positive reviews on this platform will quickly build your reputation.

While Upwork places more emphasis on the reviews and feedback received here, the above strategies can help indirectly establish your credibility and expertise.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey here on Upwork! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Muhammad J Community Member

I have mistakenly sent a testimonial request and I want to remove it. Please help me.

Hi Muhammad,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance on your request.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Saira A Community Member

I am disappointed with upwork support. Not responsive

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Saira,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I don't see any active or new support ticket on your account. May I know what you need assistance with?

~ AJ
Upwork
Saira A Community Member

Hi, I requested a testimonial from my client, which client has submitted her feedback in reply to that email she got from upwork, But the problem is that I didn't get that testimonial on my upwork profile yyet. It's been 24hrs now.

Hi Saira,

Thank you for reaching out. If your client already submitted their response to the request, the testimonial will then be subject to evaluation. Our review team normally completes the evaluation of submitted testimonials within 3 to 5 days. However, the team is currently reviewing some backlogs at this time, which causes the testimonials to be posted a little bit longer than usual. We request your patience while waiting for the testimonial to be reviewed. Once this is completed, your profile will be updated accordingly.

~ AJ
Upwork
Saira A Community Member

11640151_0-1695412590522.png

Saira A Community Member

Thank you for helping - I will wait for it.

Saira A Community Member

I still didn't get it. please help.

Wesley D Community Member

Hi Arjay,

How long does it take before the "pending" testimonials are published on my profile?

Thanks

Best regards,

Wesley

Hi Wesley,

Thank you for reaching out. Our review team normally completes the evaluation of submitted testimonials within 3 to 5 days. However, the team is currently reviewing some backlogs at this time, which causes the testimonials to be posted a little bit longer than usual. We request your patience while waiting for the testimonial to be reviewed. Once this is completed, your profile will be updated accordingly.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ali F Community Member

I have sent a testimonial request to my past client on my account but I made a mistake in writing the email. Please close this request.

Hi Ali,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Fatima B Community Member

Can I request a testimonial from my client with whom I have been working for the past 2 months, even though the job is ongoing, or is it necessary to wait until the job is completed?

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for reaching out. Testimonials are meant for your previous clients that you've met outside Upwork. 

Clients that you've met through Upwork can leave feedback on your profile mid-contract or when the contract is ended.

~ AJ
Upwork
Norbert Julius Kri L Community Member

Good day,

I have clients outside of upwork and have requested testimonials from them on October 3. They have already completed it as per them and it's still not appearing in my profile. How long does it take for testimonials to get approved?

Hi Norbert Julius Kri,

I understand your testimonial is still pending. Allow me to shed some light on this. It takes at least 10 days for a testimonial to be reviewed by the team but once successfully reviewed this should become visible on your profile. You can read more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Norbert Julius Kri L Community Member

Hi Annie,

I appreciate your response. The page you provided does not indicate that it would take at least 10 days. It would be helpful if that information is available on the page.

Thank you

Pauline E Community Member

I am trying to add a testimonial for work I have previously completed which directly relates to me and have navigated to my client's LinkedIn profile to check the URL. When I add that URL to the Testimonials Page, it keeps saying it is 'invalid'. I have tried other LinkedIn profiles and it continually gives the same message. It means I am unable to send my past client a request for a testimonial.

I should add that the testimonial I am seeking is for work done prior to me joining Upwork. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Pauline,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better
~ Joanne
Upwork
Gulshan S Community Member

Hello,

I made a mistake when sending a testimonial. Is it possible to edit/delete it?

Thanks

Hi Gulshan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Unfortunately, at this time you cannot edit a testimonial from your end. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Havok D Community Member

I recently sent a testimonial request to a client i finished project with outside of upwork last month. Was hoping to have this as one of my first testimonials.  However, when my client goes to use the testimonial it somehow malfunctions and takes him to the upwork main page without letting him input any information. 

Im just curious who i can get a hold of or talk to about deleting the testimonial request so i can send it again or to some how resolve this issue. 

Thanks for anyhelp that can be provided. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members