🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client did not pay for the work performed
Page options
markovanataliia
Community Member

The client did not pay for the work performed

Hi,

The client did not activate and pay for the second milestone and additional edits. Now disappeared, doesn't respond to messages and does not close the contract.
And judging by the reviews in the profile, this is not the first time.
Also, at the beginning of work, I received an offer from him to pay for the order outside the upwork platform.
Why do people like this client continue to use the platform with impunity?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nataliia,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I would suggest to always make sure that the agreed budget is fully funded before you're starting your work. 
Please keep in mind that our Fixed price protection does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tagrendy
Community Member

The client did not activate and pay for the second milestone and additional edits. Now disappeared, doesn't respond to messages and does not close the contract.

If the client did not activate the second milestone, means he did not fund it into Escrow, means Upwork cannot do anything to enforce the payment. Only work on funded milestones.

Also, at the beginning of work, I received an offer from him to pay for the order outside the upwork platform.
Why do people like this client continue to use the platform with impunity?

Because freelancers do not report clients who offer to pay outside platform, and Upwork is not aware the client has broken ToS rules.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members