🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client has offered a job and access to hi...
Page options
garetbello
Community Member

The client has offered a job and access to his company page but has sent suspicious project details

A client has offered a contract to help with FB ads and has already sent his page details and a folder was sent with project details. I've accepted the offer but he's insisting to open the zipped folder in a desktop because it wouldn't open in a Mac device. I've starting studying his FB page and it seems a legit company but his folder had an exe file which I had opened in a desktop and was actually a trojan virus. I've since been researching the company sites and there appears to be some duplicate. He keeps insisting to open the folder and says it can't be sent via googledocs. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Flag the job, report the client and move on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I suspect a scam.  Don't open exe files.  Scammers use the names of legitimate companies all the time.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Flag the job, report the client and move on.

I am starting to think so, I saw recently that his account got suspended. I wanted to flag the job but it’s already unavailable.
celgins
Community Member

I concur with Mary. The virus you found was likely put inside the ZIP file to disguise it and allow it to bypass an anti-virus scan.

I cannot even think of a reason why a company would need you to run in EXE file to manage their Facebook ads campaigns.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members