🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The customer does not get in touch, what to d...
Page options
af13e239
Community Member

The customer does not get in touch, what to do?

The customer concluded a contract for greeting cards. The work was hourly, he was satisfied with the first postcards, everything fit. He gave the go-ahead: "draw what you want, everything fits." But later the customer disappeared for a week and a half. He did not respond to messages, did not check the work. Since the work is hourly, I sent the painted postcards on time.

A client appeared yesterday!

And they asked to return the money, and appealed all the hours.

Tell me, please, what to do in such situations?

I spent my time working.

Who is right?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Who is right?"

You don't need to ask this question.

Would YOU hire an artist and let that person work on your behalf, and send you the work, and then take all the money away from her? Can you give that artist their time back? 

Of course you wouldn't do something like that. Can you think of even one of your friends who would do something like that?

The client you told us about is behaving on an unprofessional, unethical, immoral manner. Of course you should not willingly give this person her money back. If she ends up stealing the money from you, then you should know that the copyright to the work reverts to you. In which case, you may post the artwork in your portfolio.p, or do whatever you want with it.

Do not be rude to this person. Never be rude. But also: Don't agree to give her your money.

erinvega2016
Community Member

Hi Tayna,

Sorry, you are having to deal with this and I hope you can get it resolved in your favor.

Did you use the time tracker while working on this project? In the memo section of the time tracker did you make detailed notes of what you were working on? Do your activity levels (mouse / keystrokes) show that you were working on this task?

You can read up on how Hourly Protection works here .

Best of luck to you.

Tanya:
Can you confirm that this contract is now closed?

How long ago did you last log time on this contract?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members