Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are no SEO writers!!!

t-hall
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
11 of 20
[quote]If they have a check-list, cross them off of yours. In fact, if they answer in a definitive way without seeing your website at all, I'd probably cross them off.[/quote] This is truth. I often state this in my cover letters, especially when a job description is vague. Those who think they know it a are the one who really don't. I've said over and over through the forums that I never claim to be a 'Guru' or 'Expert' at anything, and all I have to offer is a fresh perspective and experience from a variety of industries.
glorialarravide
Gloria L Member Since: Mar 8, 2016
12 of 20

They said it is a pain because linking is a big way to get high search hits. As long as you have sites directing to yours and yours to others and they can be yours, all of them, or to sites that belong to others also, then it is seen by google as established, reputable and also 'playing nice with others'. Key words because this helps google to place it where it belongs because google staff are not going to read each site, so key words are a way of scanning the site for google. It knows what is found there and what it is about so google can then place it where it belongs categorically. You are in essence, classifying your site when you use keywords. Also any images you place online should also have keywords.

Google is a huge network and what do you need to be a part of a network? To have things going to and coming from your site (playing nice) and have a way to easily 'place it' in the vast topics that is google or a search engine. Concept is easy but the task is laborious and thus seen as a pain. (not creative)

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 20

@Gloria L wrote:

They said it is a pain because linking is a big way to get high search hits. As long as you have sites directing to yours and yours to others and they can be yours, all of them, or to sites that belong to others also, then it is seen by google as established, reputable and also 'playing nice with others'. Key words because this helps google to place it where it belongs because google staff are not going to read each site, so key words are a way of scanning the site for google. It knows what is found there and what it is about so google can then place it where it belongs categorically. You are in essence, classifying your site when you use keywords. Also any images you place online should also have keywords.

Google is a huge network and what do you need to be a part of a network? To have things going to and coming from your site (playing nice) and have a way to easily 'place it' in the vast topics that is google or a search engine. Concept is easy but the task is laborious and thus seen as a pain. (not creative)

lol of course you're all kinds of wrong...... save yourself the embarrassment and don't ever do anything SEO related.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 20

Maybe not an SEO genius, but Gloria, Thank You for making me smile, your portfolio is so charming Smiley Happy 

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
15 of 20

Oh yes, and could someone please educate clients about "keywords" !!!

I once spent hours searching for the best keywords to use in a translation of some tools -- making sure that they were common, established terms and also made sense in the context -- only to have my client decide that he wanted to change a few of them to more high frequency terms for SEO purposes. So far so good, but what he in fact did was use the more higher level or generic terms instead of the subordinate ones, so that the text turned from something like

"...the X-brush is a special kind of brush used for XYZ..." to "...the brush is a special kind of brush used for XYZ..." !!!

But how do you plead for texts to actually make sense (please!), when your client doesn't understand the language of the text? My suggestion: best forget about all that SEO crap and deliver real, interesting and logical texts (with maybe a few strategically placed keywords) instead!

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 20

lol "keywords" don't even get me started. I've been lectured by SEO "experts" about putting synonyms in my work. Idiots. Google has an entire team of people that handle synonyms and the algorithms understand synonyms. I want to punch these people in the mouth.

Had one lecture me on putting the keyword in the first sentence of the copy, because (and I quote) "that's SEO 101,  Jennifer, so you should know that." WAT??? Moron.

If we round up all the SEO eggspurts in the world and sunk them to the bottom of the ocean, nothing of value would be lost.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
17 of 20

Jen, don't you think we're putting enough c#@p in the ocean already?

I say: recycle!

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
jordonbaade
Community Leader
Jordon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
18 of 20

I'd agree that SEO is pretty much a dead field, people just don't know it yet.

I don't agree that writing for SEO in mind is not effective. I think people expect too much out of it, but crafting your content to contain keywords, to not overdo those keywords, and to make sure the content is readable and engaging to a larger audience does have merit.

The idea that content writing doesn't differ across mediums and that you can't craft your content to be more appealable to consumers online and search engines by association is laughable. You don't add synonyms because it somehow ranks you better algorithimically, you add them so that should someone search that term your article comes up and those terms are boldened and stand out, which improves the likelyhood you will show up at all, and that your link will be clicked.

md_shoel_rana
md s Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
19 of 20

Completely agree!

8cc1331d
Alex F Member Since: Apr 7, 2020
20 of 20

I liked this post! I'm new to content creation, marketing, and blogging (2-3 months in). I just recently had to choose between "SEO, keyword dense nonsense" or quality. The choice was obvious for me, but I think it's important for other people to know how to write powerful, engaging content that speaks to a community. This is probably a good reason why there is such a high failure rate in the industry. Nice post, Cheers

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS