Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is more of a rant...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
11 of 49

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Whether the client thinks that paying 10% of minimum wage in their respective countries, usually to people in the economies where the exchange rate is high is justified as providing income; I still find as Exploitation. Because it would not be done to your own people (and would not be allowed in your country). You don't need laws, or regulations, or economics, or logic, to treat fellow human being EQUAL.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 49
re: "I still have one or two clients who don’t pay me 'enough' but they are now my long term clients and I feel obligated towards them. They know that their rate is low, but I believe that is all they can afford."

You may need to give this some consideration.

There is a difference between someone not being able to afford you, and you being obligated to work for them at affordable rates.

Not saying you're doing anything wrong. Not at all. But try to understand that this is business.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
13 of 49

O well, my post was also removed Smiley Very Happy

I know it’s all business but I can do those jobs fairly quickly so I can afford to spend that time on them Smiley Very Happy But I get your point 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
14 of 49

That is why we afraid while bidding high amount. I also agree wtih you and you can see my profile. 

We should discourage it. Should we not?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
15 of 49

I'm a strong believer of: you get what you pay for. 

If clients want to spend their own time proofreading, editing, restructing, blah blah on projects...so be it. I'm not saying those who apply for such articles lack skills.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
16 of 49

Hi Lyam,

no, of course you shouldn't ignore them. There are plenty of opportunities to fight those injustices, even if it is just in a "tiny" way. I kept my comment that short because I believe lamenting about "problem XYZ" doesn't change a thing either. I guess lamenting without any constructivity (not sure if this is a word) annoys me, and I didn't see any of that in the original posting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
17 of 49

Sandra, I must apologise. I'm a strong believer that communities can make a real change to a company. You're right, in this case, nothing will change. I went off at a tangent. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 49

Hello All,

Please, note that some comments on this thread were edited or removed because they violated point 8 of our Community Guidelines.

We appreciate your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
19 of 49

@Valeria K wrote:

Hello All,

Please, note that some comments on this thread were edited or removed because they violated point 8 of our Community Guidelines.

We appreciate your understanding.

Completely unrelated to this thread but I appreciate the new moderator signature and little Up logo. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
20 of 49
I will cooperate, because Valeria always asks so nicely.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS