cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This time overlaps with hours you have already logged. (I cant add manual time)

Geophy Lawrence P Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
1 of 8

The situation is this, I have 2 contracts; contract 1 - i can add manual time while contract 2 - it is disabled.

Work Diary for contract 1:

8:00 AM to 10:00 AM - time logged

11:40 AM to 5:00 PM - time logged

Work diary for contract 2:

10:10 AM to 11:30 AM - time looged

so meaning, I can't add manual time for contract 1 with this time gap 10:10Am to 11:30AM because it was already logged in contract 2?

For clarification. Thank you!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

@geophy Lawrence P wrote:

The situation is this, I have 2 contracts; contract 1 - i can add manual time while contract 2 - it is disabled.

so meaning, I can't add manual time for contract 1 with this time gap 10:10Am to 11:30AM because it was already logged in contract 2?

Yes, that's correct, and if you think about it, how could you work on both contracts at the same time for 1 hour and 20 minutes?

View solution in original post

Geophy Lawrence P Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
3 of 8

This is clear to me now. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Matthew L Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
4 of 8

Because it's none of Upworks **bleep**ing business! 

Matthew L Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
5 of 8

It's not clear to me. 

Jeffrey J Member Since: Nov 30, 2020
6 of 8

what if you are working on the same task for two different clients? are you supposed to give one of the clients you'r work for free? New upworkers don't get to use the service for free just because it's already inplace.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 8
are you supposed to give one of the clients you'r work for free? 
Jeffrey J wrote:

what if you are working on the same task for two different clients? 

What do you mean? When you are hired hourly, each client buys your entire hour. That means you only work for one cliet during any given hour.

Jeffrey J wrote:

Are you supposed to give one of the clients you'r work for free? 

No, you're simply not supposed to try and get paid by two client for the same time spent working.

Ace Contributor
Kayla B Member Since: May 12, 2017
8 of 8

The terms of Upwork are that anything you work on during an hour paid is owned by the client, so reselling that same work to another client would violate the terms. If you are selling a product to clients that is being sold to more than one client, "fixed price" would be a better option. And you'd want to have it in writing somewhere that the client agrees what they are buying is not uniquely belonging to them. Upwork is really more geared towards "work for hire" than it is for selling say a course, app or product you've created to multiple people.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS