🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker Won't Connect
Page options
jorgensons
Community Member

Time Tracker Won't Connect

Help! My Upwork time tracker won't track time today. I keep getting the "connection lost" message even though my internet connection is fine. (Web browsing works, I'm able to download stuff, etc.) I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice -- once, I installed the 32-bit version for Windows and once the 64-bit version. Neither works.

All of the work I need to do today is on hourly contracts, and being unable to log time is a pretty serious issue. Yes, I know it's still tracking and will in theory upload my time when the connection is regained. My concern is that something is seriously wrong and the connection WON'T be regained within 12 hours. (Or is it 24 hours that the tracker will hold data?)

Has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix it? I haven't changed any settings on my end -- at least, not that I know of. As far as I'm aware, my Windows hasn't done any auto-updates in the last few days, either.

UPDATED TO ADD: My laptop, which runs on Windows 11, seems to be tracking time just fine -- the issue is only on my desktop, which is running Windows 10. Unfortunately, my desktop computer is much better for the work I need to do. (It has a dual monitor setup, that's where I've got the better software, etc.) If anyone has a solution -- or even troubleshooting ideas -- please let me know!

Untitled.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

We're sorry for the inconvenience this is currently causing to your workday. I can confirm the team is aware of the issue and working on resolving this as soon as possible. Your Desktop App will be caching your time while offline and your time will be uploaded once the issue is resolved.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
bjsusim
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same problem, its says connection lost but we do have a stable net connection, I even downloaded and reinstalled the app, pease check. Thank you

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
mncranston3
Community Member

I have the same problem and I can't even get in touch with support. If I log in the support button goes away. I can't access anything on the "find a solution" page. When I click on something it doesn't do anything. 

Hi, I am having the exact same problem right now. I see this happened to you in march, so how did you solve this issue?

b_grissom
Community Member

I'm glad to know

b_grissom_0-1646758277661.png

its not just me! I can't even log back in the app to log time.

jorgensons
Community Member

@#$&*!

I was #1 in the chat queue when that disconnected too. I then received the "Upwork Help Re: Missed Conversation" email. So...I've now wasted over an hour trying to solve this. That's an hour I didn't get paid, and I still have just as much work to finish today so I'll be in the office an hour longer than planned. AWESOME! THANKS UPWORK! It's a great day to be a freelancer. </sarcasm>

Mine just came back up and reloaded. Seems ok now....

ayenduro
Community Member

Same here. It's now working. According to them, the server was down that is why things like this could happen. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members