🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracker.
Page options
ivanstrug
Community Member

Time tracker.

It may be a naive question, but does the tracker tool switches off automatically if there is no activity for some time?

The reason I am asking is because I have a teaching project over Zoom where we do a lot of talking and my clients showing her work on her end and I and mostly explaining things verbally. I use tracker tool just for the simplicity sake (press button at the begining of the lesson and press the button at the end of the lesson), but I noticed that traker did not record about 40 minutes of 1:40 of the lesson? It is not a big deal for me, as I filled the gaps with manual time, but I amIs it a bug, or a feauture or just me switching it off somehow without noticing it?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ivan S wrote:

It may be a naive question, but does the tracker tool switches off automatically if there is no activity for some time?

It is designed in such a way that if there is no keyboard or mouse activity for any given 10 minute segment, that segment does not get billed or charged. Below shows a segment where I took a break, but left the tracker running as I often do. The tracker does not turn off. It just does not "count" the inactive segment and the client isn't charged for it.

blank sspaces.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ivan S wrote:

It is designed in such a way that if there is no keyboard or mouse activity for any given 10 minute segment, that segment does not get billed or charged. Below shows a segment where I took a break, but left the tracker running as I often do. The tracker does not turn off. It just does not "count" the inactive segment and the client isn't charged for it.

blank sspaces.png

Petra, thank you. I guess I would just use manual time than. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members