Tips for ranking higher in Freelancer Searches?

Anyone have some tips for ranking high for searches?  I am very specific in my services offered.  I also have over 50K earned with 100% positive feedback.  I am active everyday on this platform and my responsiveness is 100% as well.  Yet I still rank about 7 pages in.  Any help on this would be greatly apprecieated!  

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r

Search results are rotated, and additionally searching yourself is pointless, as results vary depending on your account status and your own hiring history as a client.

Presumably you have no intention of hiring yourself, so checking where you appear when you search from your own account is pointless.

When I search for "Game Production"  from my client account you appear in first place on page one.

@Petra R wrote:

Search results are rotated, and additionally searching yourself is pointless, as results vary depending on your account status and your own hiring history as a client.

Presumably you have no intention of hiring yourself, so checking where you appear when you search from your own account is pointless.

When I search for "Game Production"  from my client account you appear in first place on page one.

Thanks Petra!  Really apprecieate your time in the response and for letting me know that I come up as number one!

The method I used to search myself was to not login at all.  No cookie for authentication stored on MS Edge browser (I use Chrome for Upwork) and as such, I went to www.upwork.com and simply filtered freelancers down to the Game Development category.  This is where I had the low results; page 7 or so.  It was just disapointing to see myself behind folks with far worse job success scores than I had!

Thanks again for your time and feedback!  

Benjamin H,

I am pleased for you to see that Petra found you in in first place.

I, on the other hand, have never ranked high with the Title "CPA" or "Certified Public Accountant" even though I am Top Rated, 94%JSS, Hourly Rate $60>, log on every day, Earnings $10k+, etc.

I am always last or in the middle of the 7 or so Freelancers with similar attributes.

I have searched via my Client account and other Freelances have searched for me with the same result.

Others, without a Top Rated badge, are always shown ahead on me. ??

I have never received an answer from Upwork that makes sense to me .

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV