🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing
Page options
jaycee_digitals
Community Member

Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing

Hello, there.

Yes, I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

Yes, I was on my 15th week of the 16 weeks to qualify for the top-rated badge :japanese_symbol_for_beginner: on Upwork before I miss out on the qualification. The qualification weeks have been dropping back for the weeks I wasn't qualified till it got to the 6th week of the qualification weeks. 

After working on some jobs and getting nice ratings, I got back to 93% JSS and since then I've been maintaining the 93%.

It's now over 7 weeks having over 90% JSS and meeting all of the criteria but the weeks seem not to be increasing.🤔

Please, I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Regards,

Joy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

500 REPLIES 500

thank you

eae8220d
Community Member

Hello there,

I am surprised that my Top Rated eligible weeks are not updating from last 6-7 weeks. I have 91% job success rate from last month. So, I request that kindly check if there is any system delay to update it.

eae8220d_0-1706650772532.png

Hi Praiyanshi,

There's no delay or existing issue with updating the Top Rated Eligible weeks, and this process is by design. This means that if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count.

Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rubioalejandro
Community Member

Hi There!

I have maintained a JSS over 90% through December and January and my Top Rated eligible weeks haven't changed a bit.

I would like to know if there is anything that I am doing wrong or if its something that Upwork has to fix on their end.

Thanks,

Jose Rubio

the number of eligible weeks will increase only once non-eligible weeks are "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing,

Your JSS would probably be lower in Oct, Nov that's why

I see!

It is so weird because my JSS keeps going up but the weeks don't move.

I will wait for a couple of weeks and see what happens then.

Thanks Omar.

458d419c
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I didn't receive my Top Rated Badge? even I meet all the criteria being a Top Rated can you please check? what's wrong? Thank you

Hi Jelly,

Congratulations! I see that the Top Rated badge is already added to your Upwork profile now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
faizanafzal
Community Member

Hello,

I have been maintaining the JSS score of 90% for the past 2 months but my top rate week counts are stuck to week 9 and are not increasing. Today my JSS again got updated and further increased upto 94% but week count is still stuck to 9 out of 16. Can you please look into that issue of my account?

Thanks

localist
Community Member

Hi there! I've been having some concerns about my account eligibility. My job success score was at 92% until I had a $20 and 3star on same job cancellation, which dropped it to 88%. During that time, my eligibility was at 11 out of 16. However, even though my job success score improved within two weeks back to 91%, my eligibility dropped from 9 to 8 out of 16 on the same day I got back to 91%, and it's been two weeks now, and I'm still stuck at 8 out of 16. Just wanted to mention that I've earned more than $1000 in the past 12 months. Could you please assist me with this? Thank you so much

Hello Daniel,

If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Can you please look into my query as well?

I have been maintaining the JSS score of 90% for the past 2 months but my top rate week counts are stuck to week 9 and are not increasing. Today my JSS again got updated and further increased upto 94% but week count is still stuck to 9 out of 16. Can you please look into that issue of my account?

Thanks

Hello Faizan,

The explanation I shared above also applies to your case. Once your accumulated non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count. Please look at the "Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks" chart of this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
edb4de8f
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. 

My name is Musharraf, and while I am relatively new to Upwork, I take pride in maintaining a 100% Job Success Score (JSS). However, following the recent platform update, I have encountered difficulty in tracking my eligible weeks within my statistics. When I last reviewed my profile before the update, my stats reflected 10 out of 16 weeks. Could you kindly provide guidance on determining the number of weeks remaining for me to qualify for the Top Rated badge?

Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Warm regards,

Musharraf

Hi Musharaf,

There's no delay or existing issue with updating the Top Rated Eligible weeks, and this process is by design. This means that if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count.

Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9e77e4ef
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

I have got 3 projects completed with 2 unique clients. But why am I not having a JSS yet?

Best regards.

Dmytro

Hi Dmytro,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we truly admire your eagerness in getting your first score. However, to receive a JSS, you must meet certain criteria that reflect your work history and client satisfaction. These include:

• Working with at least 2 different clients
  • Completing at least 4 different contracts in the last 24 months
  • Maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism in your projects

Most freelancers get a score after finishing 5 projects, and almost all freelancers get one after 8 projects. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. You can check this article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9e77e4ef
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Bulletin-Board/Job-Success-Score-Update-December-2023/td-p/1480694

According to Job Success Score Update | December 2023,

• Now talent can earn JSS after completing 2 projects with 2 unique clients anytime within a 24 month period. Previously we required at least 4 projects with 2 unique clients.

So is this update not applied yet?

Dmytro

Hi Dmytro,

I have requested the help of our team to look into this matter further. Your post in the community has been converted into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9e77e4ef
Community Member

Thanks Joanne

creativeshukla
Community Member

For a long time now my eligible weeks count is not increased, it is 11 Since 7-8 weeks. I was Top Rated Plus but right now I don't have any badge on my profile even though the criteria show that I'm at least eligible for Rising Star and Top Rated. Can someone help me to understand this? 

Hi Shukla,

Thank you for your message. Your Top Rated Eligible Weeks score is calculated for the last 16 weeks and every week we drop the last week and include the most recent week in the score. If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. You can refer to this help page for more information.

Regarding the Rising Talent badge, this is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I have been maintaining the JSS score of 90% for the past 4 months but my top rate week counts are stuck to week 10 and are not increasing. Today my JSS again got updated and further increased upto 92% but week count is still stuck to 10 out of 16. Can you please look into that issue of my account?

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d9b70cd1
Community Member

Hello,
I am currently in the 7th week of my 16-week Rising Talent period. I don't have any feedback on my profile.

My question is:

If I achieve the Job Success Score (90% or above) by next week, do I need to restart the Top Rated eligibility process from the beginning (0) or from the 1st week?

OR

Will my current 7 weeks be counted and calculate as the 8th week?

Hi Jyoti,

Thank you for your question. You won't necessarily start over. To increase your Top Rated Eligible Weeks, you must meet the JSS above 90% or Rising Talent criteria for at least 13 out of 16 consecutive weeks. If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count.

You can find a very helpful chart in this article that can serve as a visual aid of how that process looks like. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rahmatnazir
Community Member

Hi, 
I am Rising talant and the Top rate eliglibty weeks are 16/16. I did'nt get the badge not the eligliblity weeks have for the past few months. 
Please guide. 

Hi Rehmat,

Thank you for your message. The Top Rated badge will be automatically assigned when you meet all the requirements listed here

- Pradeep

Upwork
5714feb5
Community Member

I have encountered an issue with the eligibility weeks for my top-rated badge. Despite having waited for over three months, there has been no update. According to my records, I should have already earned the top-rated badge. I would appreciate assistance in resolving this matter.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayoub,

If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Hii There!

I understand month back there was a 2 refund but in this week nothing like that even 2 new hiring occurred this week, I submitted work in submit section and on time too, reply on time, no refund + 2 new 5 star review in last 2 week and apply on new job as well then why eligible week decrease?

I would like to know why this occurred because last 2 week everything is up to date...seems like technical bug. Sometimes I see client relationship score 77% then 71% then again 77% and drop to 67% even though nothing refund in this week so have to be increase obviously because there are no reason for decrease.

Looking forward to support!

best regards,

khushbu

Hi Khushbu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bf318b1f
Community Member

Well i think. Eligible week is increasing if your JSS is more than 90%. for example if you got 90% JSS eligible week start to incremening. like 1 of 16, 2 of 16 etc. After it beomes 13 of 16 by following 90% JSS fashion. It tracks other parameters as well like earnings etc and when it found all things up to the mark at instant it gives you top rated badge. OK so you got top rated badge, now your JSS decreased from 90%. Your top rated badge will disappear as well eligible weeks also dereasing like 15 of 16 , 14 of 16 and continue until you get back JSS 90% again. and the process is continue so on. Please rectify me if i am wrong at any point

98ad7340
Community Member

please check my profile and I think that all area are done to get top rated badge but still not getting top rated badge

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/anjuj7

495d2896
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team.

I need to know why my Top Rated eligible weeks did not increase this weekend. please give, me a suggestion or any feedback on it.

Thank you.

Hi Abhaykumar,

Thank you for reaching out for this query. It looks like you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past. You'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included.

Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process. Keep up the the fantastic work!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2cb9b960
Community Member

Hello respected Upwork,

Despite fulfilling all my requirements, why am I not receiving my Top Rated eligibility weeks? I have already complained about this last week. My JSS is also at 91%, I haven't had any account holds in the past 90 days, my earnings are $1540, and I have a 100% complete profile. Kindly let me know.

Why are my eligible weeks not being filled, and why aren't you informing me about it? Despite fulfilling all the requirements, my eligible weeks are not being filled. Please let me know why.

Screenshot_20240331_200115.jpg

Hi Mehwish,

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ef1ce57
Community Member

Hi, please help me, is there anyway to know when eligible week will move. I understand there is an explanation on how new weeks add in and old weeks are taken out, but is there any way I can know how many weeks left to still get stuck at 12 weeks, because I think I have passed the time where I had the <90% JSS already.

Hi Augustina,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members