🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Plus unattainable in my field?
Page options
numbsain
Community Member

Top Rated Plus unattainable in my field?

As a logo designer I will never have a project that earns over $1000 and they are usually a lot less. That's just the nature of the beast. But the required earning amount for a top rated plus badge is a lot more than that. Does this not seem unfair and biased toward programmers etc. whose projects are often for a larger dollar amount?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ray C wrote:

Does this not seem unfair 

Why would it be unfair?

• If what you say is true, you won't be at any disadvantage because the other freelancers in your category will be in the same situation.
  • Only a small percentage of clients even SEE the "Plus" part. Normal clients never see it.
  • "Plus" doesn't mean "better" - just that the freelancer worked on (a) large project(s).
  • when a client looks for a logo designer, if what you say is true, all the freelancers in the list will show the same, and most clients never see a "Plus" badge on any proflle anyway.

Ray C wrote:

biased toward programmers etc. whose projects are often for a larger dollar amount?

Why? Do you think an Enterprise client will search for a logo designer and then see a programmer with a Plus badge and say to himself "You know what? Let's forget the logo I wanted to have designed, this guy has a "Plus" badge, so I'll hire him and get a website made instead!"?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Ray C wrote:

Does this not seem unfair 

Why would it be unfair?

• If what you say is true, you won't be at any disadvantage because the other freelancers in your category will be in the same situation.
  • Only a small percentage of clients even SEE the "Plus" part. Normal clients never see it.
  • "Plus" doesn't mean "better" - just that the freelancer worked on (a) large project(s).
  • when a client looks for a logo designer, if what you say is true, all the freelancers in the list will show the same, and most clients never see a "Plus" badge on any proflle anyway.

Ray C wrote:

biased toward programmers etc. whose projects are often for a larger dollar amount?

Why? Do you think an Enterprise client will search for a logo designer and then see a programmer with a Plus badge and say to himself "You know what? Let's forget the logo I wanted to have designed, this guy has a "Plus" badge, so I'll hire him and get a website made instead!"?

numbsain
Community Member

I see your point.

tlbp
Community Member

I'm TR+. I'm not a programmer. 

numbsain
Community Member

What are you, Tonya?

tlbp
Community Member

Um...

Ray C. - Modern Branding & Logo Design Expert - Upwork Freelancer from Sant.. 2021-10-10 at 9.35.44 AM.jpeg

numbsain
Community Member

That was for a logo, a label, and a bunch of writing. And it's my biggest contract but still not big enough for + . Pandora's right though. I don't need no stinking badges! haha!

I looked at your profile, Tonya. Looks like you are amazing and deserve the badge and more!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members