🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top earner and 100% success rate - no jobs
Page options
Devin K Community Member

Top earner and 100% success rate - no jobs

I'm a fullstack developer. I have a 100% success rate on the site, I received emails saying I'm a top earner, yet I'm being offered no work. I used to get invites to interview constantly and would have to turn them down. Now that I'm working and such a "Top earner", I get nothing. It's frustrating.

I can't afford to purchase 100 connects a week just to throw them away on jobs that hire full stack software developers for $10 / hr and everyone is bidding 100 connects on them. This platform used to be very good to me but I'm about to part ways if something does not improve.

2 REPLIES 2
MALCOLM H Community Member

Yeah, there was definitely a shift that occurred. There's been many complaints regarding the same thing for months now.

I've noticed that a lot of jobs have a starting price of $5 or $10, which is below the minimum wage where I am, so I figure a lot of clients are targeting foreign freelancers now.

Emmanuel N Community Member

Upwork is becoming a funny place by the day.

Here's a summary of Upwork at the moment;

-Large number of cheap freelancers willing to work for as low as 10$,12$,5$ per hour and so on. 

-Very few reasonable paying clients, (those that aren't attracted to these set of freelancers mentioned above)

-So many one-off Clients (clients aren't coming to upwork often with interest to keep coming, most only use the site once in a blue moon) so despite upwork saying they have like 800k+ clients, the reasonable ones in that lot might not be up to 50k... The rest are targeting the cheap freelancers specifically.

That being said, use your money wisely, we are the main clients Upwork is using to make money at the moment, don't pay stupidly for no returns.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members