cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPWORK IS NOW FRUSTRATING

siydmzito
Sidney M Member Since: Jan 20, 2014
1 of 31

Dear Upwork, I have noticed that over the years it is getting harder and harder to get any work here especially the last 2 years. Ever since you re-branded and reduced the number of connects, it is really hard to get any decent work here, which is really frustrating.
Additionally, you cheated us when it comes to connects knowing quite well that there is no job that requires 1 connect to apply. This is therefore a very unfair playing ground because a freelancer from Africa would require twice the number of connects(minimum 100) every month just to survive.
My question:- "are you guys attempting to sabotage the efforts of freelancers who are based out of Europe and the United States?"
Kindly address this issue and have the CEO look on it.

dmoreno28uw
Ace Contributor
David M Member Since: Aug 16, 2016
2 of 31

Why would a freelancer from Africa need 100 connects per month? Be more selective in the jobs you apply to.

siydmzito
Sidney M Member Since: Jan 20, 2014
3 of 31

Obviously you wouldn`t understand

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 31

I second David's suggestion.

And by the way, you have four more active jobs than I do, so your complaint doesn't wash. I would suggest that you stop working with clients only willing to pay $5. It looks like you have the profile and feedback to up your game quite a bit. Raise your rates and don't apologize.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
5 of 31

I'm from Africa and I don't need (nor want) 100 connects every month Smiley Indifferent

lakemarionstudio
Steve Y Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
6 of 31

I agree, I pay more for (via connects and comissions) a work site that crashes frequently, allows fake jobbers that are trying to spread malware, and now would like to have my bank account to verify my location. 

I suspect that many job offers are not legitamate and placed to burn off connects and I think the star rating system is faulty.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 31

@Steve Y wrote:

I suspect that many job offers are not legitamate and placed to burn off connects and I think the star rating system is faulty.

Steve, I think you should not keep working on a platform if you think it posts fake jobs only to waste your connects and with a rating system that you think is faulty. It's not worth your time.

I would have closed my account.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 31

Rene beat me to it.

Anybody who legitimately believes that Upwork is creating fake jobs to steal your money through the sale of connects should obviously leave the site immediately.  

Anyone who does not legitimately believe that but goes around tossing out the accusation in public may want to educate himself about trade defamation.

lakemarionstudio
Steve Y Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
9 of 31

Do you think that it is a good idea to give UpWork my banking account numbers to verify my location?

cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
10 of 31

I gave them my banking information to get my payments and it has been working just fine for almost a year now.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS