🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork
Page options
Gopi P Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery

View solution in original post

369 REPLIES 369
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Abbas,

Please note that you already get the reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status.

~Andrea
Sunitha S Community Member

Hi,

Did anyone from India face an issue with PAN verification? I am not able to get my PAN verified, though my PAN was active until recently. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sunitha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Vaibhav hareshbhai K Community Member

my pan is also not verified from your side

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry, we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you've managed to add either your PAN number successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Vaibhav hareshbhai K Community Member

yes i am also faceing the same issue

Urwashi A Community Member

Hi
I am having the same issue. Can someone help to know how my PAN number will be verified on Upwork?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Urwashi,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that you have not filled the Legal Taxpayer Name section. Could you please delete the PAN details and try entering the PAN number again along with the Legal Taxpayer Name that matches the name on the PAN card and Upwork account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Neetu R Community Member

I have submitted the PAN Card twice with proper details. But it's not verified from last two months. It's causing extra deduction from my Available Money. What could be the reason for the PAN Card not getting verified as I have filled every detail with precision.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Neetu,

I have checked your account and it looks like your PAN is currently on a pending verification status. Please note that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end and you get the reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status.

~Andrea
Prateek R Community Member

Hii My pan is not verified yet and due to this issue i have to pay 5% tds. So please verify my pan as quickly as possible.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Prateek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Krupa V Community Member

My PAN card verification is always rejected. bcz of some personal reason, my all proof is of different surnames and my education documents have different surnames so I don't think it is the main issue. so could you please help me? I'm not able to get badge.

Hi Krupa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and it looks like your PAN is currently on a pending verification status. Please note that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Tony S Community Member

How was this problem ultimately fixed ?

I'm facing the same one.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tony,

Please ensure that the "Legal taxpayer name" on your Tax Information (ID) and your Form W-8BEN should exactly match the name registered on your PAN ID (can be found on the TRACES records). Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Utkarsh S Community Member

Why is it taking so long for PAN verification ? Can someone please help me and tell me the reason ? How many days does it takes usually ?

Shantanu K Community Member

Hi, I have submitted my PAN Card for tax deduction and it's been verified but I have been charged with 5% instead of 1%. 
I would appreciate your support, Thank you.

Tax Deduction 

Hi Shantanu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

~ AJ
Upwork
Anami M Community Member

I added PAN details a few days back. It is still showing pending verification. Due to that, I have been charged 5% TDS instead of 1%. Please help ASAP.

Hi Anami,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Anami M Community Member

Hello Annie,

Thanks a lot for the support. PAN is verified. But now how can I get the refund of the WHT which was deducted @5% from my earlier bill (Ref. ID - 516776533)? Please help me with this as well.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Anami,

Thank you for your message. I see that one of our team members has already responded to you via a support ticket and confirmed that we are unable to reverse the prior charges on your account. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Saravanakumar P Community Member

Hi Team,

I am from India. I have added my PAN correctly in the tax info section. But I don't know why it got rejected. Please help me to resolve the issue. 

Note: I have added my PAN again as requested in the mail. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Saravanakumar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members