Featured Contributor

United States Clients Only

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
1 Posts

United States Clients Only

[ Edited ]
While searching for job listings, there should be a filter option for "US Clients Only" --as a lot of US contractors only want to work for US clients and it would save a lot of time looking through listings.
Power Member
8 Posts

Why?

[ Edited ]
I am just wondering why you only want US clients. If it is because you think that will filter out the rubbish, I'm afraid that is definitely not true. A lot of the scammers and cheapskates on here come from your country (there are some from the UK as well, and from lots of other places, I'm not picking on the USA) while the decent ones come from all over. If it is for legal/tax reasons, I don't think it matters. I know lots of established freelancers based in the USA and they have clients from all over the world. If it is because you only feel comfortable working with those of the same nationality, perhaps freelancing in the global environment is not the job for you.
Power Member
38 Posts

Agreed.

[ Edited ]
[quote=Judith B.] If it is because you only feel comfortable working with those of the same nationality, perhaps freelancing in the global environment is not the job for you.[/quote] I've had clients from New Zealand, the UK, Romania, Singapore, the Phillipines, and other places. If I restricted myself to just clients from the US, I would be losing half my income. Not a smart thing on my part, wouldn't you say? My best client, BTW, the one who never quibbles about price and who I've worked with the longest, is from Italy.
2 Posts

Sometimes international marketplace

[ Edited ]
"Location" should be removed from public profile at all.
Power Member
118 Posts

Not a 100% solution but it's

[ Edited ]
Not a 100% solution but it's a start. When you search for jobs you can make your query "United States". Once you have those results you can filter by category and such to reach the type of jobs you're looking for. There are many reasons to legitimately want to work with a specific country with time zones probably being the biggest. If your concern however is quality based, then you're going at it the wrong way. I've had my share of sub-par American contractors and an equal share of high quality work from "those other places".
Power Member
584 Posts

delete

[ Edited ]
delete
Power Member
216 Posts

Thats a bit silly.

[ Edited ]
I am sure you have your own reasons for wishing to work with only US based clients, but I can tell you that you will end up being more frustrated that not as a freelancer if you try to stick with only one region. I felt the same way 9 years ago, but quickly learned that not only can you increase your earnings by working with clients from other countries, but I also learned that despite the in person payment reliability of American clients, when they get online, payment completion and even rates offered drop to about 30% of their worth. I am not saying all US clients are cheap or don’t pay, but in proportion to the amount of clients I have had, it is the US based ones that give me the most hassle when it comes to paying on time, offering fair rates, and generally being good clients. I do have some gems of US clients as well. Overall, I personally enjoy working with clients from UK & AU for my particular freelance niche. Time zones dont really factor into it either, since most online clients understand that they are hiring on a worl platform and tend to adjust their project timelines accordingly, as for speaking with clients, it is totally possible to work out a time even with some one on the other side of the world, that works for both parties.
Ace Contributor
23 Posts

I love working for clients

[ Edited ]
I love working for clients all over the world and have never had a problem due to nationality. In fact I like the differences. Indian clients tend to have a really lovely polite manner, and Americans often tell me I'm awesome :smileyhappy: There are some really great people to work with out there and limiting yourself to just one country seems a shame.
Community Guru
774 Posts

DELETED

[ Edited ]
DELETED
Ron aka LanWanMan, Ocala, Florida USA
Community Guru
774 Posts

DELETED

[ Edited ]
DELETED
Ron aka LanWanMan, Ocala, Florida USA