cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable Job Posting

Highlighted
Rose Marie Z Member Since: Aug 28, 2014
1 of 5
There is a job ad from ** looking for Chat Support. Unfortunately I applied. I received an email with this message: You've been shortlisted to our recent JOB VACANCY (online & full-time). We are US-Based company a major player in BPO industry and very much active in outsourcing. Requirements to proceed..  - send any valid ID (scan & email) - Cellphone # - tell us about your recent employment - present address - take this test - ** and send the result back to us After replying i receive an email i was told i was accepted and i have to send requirements or simply pay 500 pesos processing fee. I then realized this is one of thoss modus to steal money from innocent people. I also realized odesk is not reliable because jobseekers are not secured from theft and imposters. Please be wary of these kind of postings. *"Removed by admin"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 5
The rule is to not send confidential information to clients. Why would they need your ID? Never ever pay to work, they should be paying you for your service. Did you report the client? You can also copy and paste the message and send it with the report.
Highlighted
Konrad B Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
3 of 5

Hi , i'm new and i want to know, after i send out an AD and does shortlisting them means i am interested in them for the job? I just don't want to accidentally hire all that i click, on a one man job.

Thank in advance

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Clients don't need information about you, such as an ID #.

I do a lot of my most lucrative work with clients who don't even have my email address, don't have my Skype ID, don't have my phone number, and certainlhy don't my address or any account information.

I can talk to clients just fine using oDesk messaging.

Yes, some clients prefer to use phone or email or Skype, and I often accommodate that.

But when clients ask for ID #s or other personal information, they're not real clients. They're scammers or they're stealing identity information.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Konrad,

Shortlisting candidates does not mean you will necessarily hire them. After you make a decision, you can just click More>Hire and send an offer to the freelancer you choose for the job. Only after the freelancer accepts your offer there will be an active contract.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS