Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Emails always end up in Spam folder

walkerrowe
Community Guru
Walker R Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
21 of 27

If your rules in Outlook are not marking the mail as spam then the anti-spam system your email provider is using is doing that.  Your email provider will have to contact SpamHaus.org or other to get upwork removed from the blacklist.  

As Valerie said look at the header of the email.  Upwork uses different servers for difference messages, so some could get marked as spam and others not. And show that header to your email provider.

You can look yourself to see if Upwork is flagged as a spammer.  For example with this tool.

https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup

or

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

And enter the IP address of the sending server (i.e, upwork's server which seems to be mailgun.net), which you can read from the email header like these two lines:

domain of mg.upwork.com designates 192.237.158.66 as permitted sender

Received: from do158-66.mailgun.net (do158-66.mailgun.net [192.237.158.66]) by mx.zohomail.com

trevordaniel2
Trevor D Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
22 of 27

this is still happening....

quite annoying.

i miss a lot of email notifications...

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 27

Hi Trevor,

Could you please check your email settings and make sure there are any filters or limitations set to block Upwork notifications?

~ Valeria
Upwork
d55f9f0e
Christopher B Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
24 of 27
Upwork obviously has an issue with these types of email notifications. Either their SPF, DMARC, or DKIM records are incorrect because I have multiple email providers (exchange online and Apple mail) both rejecting these messages.
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
25 of 27

@Christopher B wrote:
Upwork obviously has an issue with these types of email notifications. Either their SPF, DMARC, or DKIM records are incorrect because I have multiple email providers (exchange online and Apple mail) both rejecting these messages.

You might want to reach out to the Customer Service team. Since this problem has not been reported by anyone else in the Forums (this is the Forums), the problem may not be a simple as it seems. 

Customer Service Link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

joshua-ogden
Joshua O Member Since: Mar 23, 2020
26 of 27

this has been happening to me for a long time.  and my email is from my own website.  so its not some "outdated" host.  its really annoying.  upwork is obviously doing something wrong if people are having this issue.  seems silly to me that we have to contact our email providers and and try to get upwork unblacklisted in order for their emails to be recieved.  and it didnt do this for the first few months.  once i realized it, i had missed quite a few notifications.  very annoying.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
27 of 27

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing with receiving email notifications. Our team will reach out to you directly via a support ticket, take a closer look and provide more information.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS