🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Network Feature - Lets Connect
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

Upwork Network Feature - Lets Connect

I am working to build my network here on Upwork. Feel free to add me,

If you don't have access to this feature yet, feel free to comment here and I will add you : )

virtualbrix_0-1681154917467.png

38 REPLIES 38
spectralua
Community Member
the-right-writer
Community Member

Are you advertising how many people are in your network? What is the purpose of collecting so many people? I keep asking this question. How do you network with hundreds of people? Or is this not networking, but teaching/mentoring, etc.? It makes no sense to me why you would want hundreds of people in your network unless you are putting them to work? Or classes? Please enlighten me to the advantage of having hundreds of people in your network.

The idea of the feature is to:

1. connect with people who share a similiar interest, Google ads, marketing, seo, ppc, etc...

2. build a network, Upwork had a feature now where you can bid on a project as a team and all work together.

3. why not, we are all freelancers, we mostly work alone at home, no harm in connecting with people.

I have talked to hundreads of people who have asked me questions through this feature, why not help, why not give advice, why not make friends and eventually do jobs together?

Your idea of networking is vastly different than mine. There is no way you can get to know hundreds of people.

Call me anti-social or whatever you like, but I do not want to be friends or take freelancers by the hand when they insist, demand, beg, plead, whine, guilt, or get angry this "rich American experienced freelancer who made money" won't give them a job.

I'm not going into who I help, how many or why, in fact, I refuse to talk numbers. That's no one's business. However, I know what networking is, and it's not classes, getting people to work for you, etc.

Yes, stop contacting me with, "get me job", "hire me", "give job now" "i need mony" "you rich i ned money" ...

all real, by the way. I'm not mocking the writing, it's real. I might add I also receive similar writing, but polite and interested in improving. I send people to the Upwork rules and the post from Wes, that I included in my pinned post. I used to help everyone, but no more. If you can't do the basics to help yourself, don't contact me. I have discovered 97% do nothing, not a thing, well, except for sending the same message.

There are many injustices in this world, inequities, disparities, and people needing help. There are only a certain amount of hours in the day, so I have to prioritize.

Doing jobs together is not an option when there are no jobs to apply for. I have plenty of people to refer, and only people I know well and have seen their work. I will not just refer a client to another freelancer. Bad things happen that way.

Why not? I choose to help those who will help themselves. I am not interested in classes, webinars, agencies, or other group stuff because Upwork has already done the job. I am not interested in self-promotion or having a following. I don't care about numbers, in my network or upvotes or badges. Why reinvent the wheel? What a waste of time when more people can be helped. I am not interested in being friends with anyone who demands a job. The action tells me all I need to know. 

Make sense and I understand your view. I do my best, sure, I see a LOT of lazy people also but I also see some people who are willing to put in the work. All we can do is our best.

Some people do believe that UW is the same as Linkedin; the larger the "network" the greater the chances of being hired.

Hey maybe he's right, who knows, this days....

I agree Samer:

Ofcourse it look like..

Appreciate

affadda7
Community Member

Hi, I want to be friends with you too

Added

Thank you

Pleasure

the-right-writer
Community Member

As Mykola posted, you have another thread with the same topic. Maybe you should merge the two? It would be easier for you to manage. Just a thought.

I will check that out

668799ac
Community Member

Hello! Please add me.

Will do, thx

virtualbrix
Community Member

If anyone else wants to connect, feel free to add me

0bf5a408
Community Member

Hi,

I want to connect with you people. Please add me to your professional network.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c2ae8809f17957d3 

Sincerely,

Muhammad I.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Feel free to connect with me : )

Hi Samer,

Thank you for inviting. But I don't have access to add someone to my network as I am a beta taster (in Waitlist). So please send me request to add me to your network.

Regards,

Muhammad I.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hey Muhammad, I sent you a request

Thank you Samer, I have accepted your requet. Happy networking on Upwork 😊.

Great!

virtualbrix
Community Member

If anyone wants to be a connection, comment below and I will send you a request!

virtualbrix
Community Member

The feature is still in beta so if you are unable to connect with me, let me know and I will connect with you : )

Samer Add me also.
thanks

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hey Ramzan, I have added you : )

virtualbrix
Community Member

I am almost at 600 connections. Reply here and I will add you : )

I really don't get this. OK, you have 600 people on a list. Are you going for the numbers? So, it's look how many people I have on my list? Can you explain the significance? Just asking.

virtualbrix
Community Member

If anyone wants to connect, feel free to let me know.

virtualbrix
Community Member

I would love to add you to my network, just comment here!

655be748
Community Member

I have joined the feature. its looks good in the long run.

Sounds Good - Thank You!

5e198275
Community Member

Hi! I'd appreciate if you add me to your network. Thank you so much!

virtualbrix
Community Member

This feature is now gone : (

57def0b8
Community Member

I had access to Network and had some connections as well, but now, I can't seem to find it

natashaabadash
Community Member

LOL

Why lol ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members