🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork ! Please take these jobs down NOW! #3
Page options
aitringo
Community Member

Upwork ! Please take these jobs down NOW! #3

Hello everyone!

I would like to warn you all that another client account has appeared today!
He has posted three job openings titled "I need Pubg Bulk UC".

One of them has an open interview!

I hope this time they are properly disabled before they victimize again :

Id1: 0127dc574417fe42d5 <=== Posted 1 hour ago
Id2: 0142b7acef4c85fcb0 <=== Posted 9 minutes ago
The third one has been deactivated!

Please do something NOW!

Thank you to everyone in the community for coming together for a good cause! 🙏

I'm posting this in a new thread for readability! (due to the urgency)

15 REPLIES 15
aitringo
Community Member

Scammers never take a vacation, neither do we! 👊

I hope that this time the upwork team will be even more reactive!

Please!

Thank you

I wonder if they are being posted by a bot.

Another just appeared, same account, asking for help posting on Instagram.

It's very complicated to repost with a bot!

I think that simply, the person behind it, (who makes thousands of dollars a day), reopens an account as soon as one of his accounts is deactivated.

The fact is that it costs him absolutely nothing! All he has to do is reopen an account, without having any payment method linked to it.
Basically, it's like reopening a second email. No complications, and no cost.
Within a few hours, he is making victims and stealing thousands of dollars.

It's understandable that he makes a full-time job out of it.

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A. A wrote:

The fact is that it costs him absolutely nothing! All he has to do is reopen an account, without having any payment method linked to it.

This is not true. The scammer has to add a payment method and verify it or the scam doesn't work.

If it was from the same account, why was it allowed to be posted at all? But since it was, why wasn't it immediately removed?

Because they use different email addresses and spoof IPs, so Upwork doesn't recognise it as being from the same account that they already banned. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Do you know whether or not Upwork bans each offending email address and IP or not?

valhamer
Community Member

Ironically, since I started searching for these jobs to flag them,  I am now having these scam jobs appear in my recommended job feed. Just happened. I know it's expected following a search, but it's crazy. 

The good news is that if an Upwork member takes care of this, we can be sure that he won't have to look too hard to find the scams! The search algorithm will do most of the work!

Upwork, please put someone to work!

eleoz
Community Member

Same here.

As it looks like we are facing a huuuge wave of scam jobs, I started flagging and flagging like crazy. 

All I have now is a job feed full of scam 🙂

Nevermind, I'll keep on flagging as long as I can contrtibute to keep UW a place where jobs are real jobs and clients are real clients, unlike other platforms. 

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Also same here. But yes, we all should keep flagging and hope that Upwork does a better job by removing them more quickly.

eleoz
Community Member

Fingers crossed!

Although scamming is very common in marketplaces for freelancers, I am just wondering why are we all noticing this increasing (and annoying) volume of fake job posts? 

Kind of "Hey scammers, let's just flood UpWork, looks such a nice and quiet place" 😛

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Many of us are wondering the same thing. We have to assume Upwork is doing their best to decrease the number of them and immediately spring into action to remove them once they are pointed out to them.

aitringo
Community Member

Is there any way to ban the IP?

Because we can see that deleting the scam messages and banning the customer is useless.

At the moment, many of us are watching if new scam posts are posted, to report it.
And to tell the truth, our method is not at all effective. Within a few minutes, new customer accounts with the same scam post appear!

Hence the idea of banning the IP: this will at least make it harder for the scammers to reopen an account and repost the same scams at 0 cost!

Please think about it and act fast!

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A. A wrote:

Hence the idea of banning the IP:

Pointless, they have VPN

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members