Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Plus Client - Payment unverified

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
1 of 6

Hi everyone. Could someone please explain how somebody is able to register as an Upwork Plus client (which I understand they have to pay for) but not have a verified payment account?

Yep, I'm still at that stage where I am submitting proposals into the open marketplace and (rightly or wrongly), I don't like pitching for jobs where payment is unverified. How can this be the case if they've already paid (via some method), to be an Upwork Plus client?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 6

Verification is a completely separate process which can take a couple of business days. Making a payment does not require verification.

On a side note, I don't know what you do, but if you are a highly skilled or specialized freelancer, you are cheating yourself of many of the best opportunities on Upwork by avoiding clients who aren't verified at the time of posting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
3 of 6

Thanks Tiffany, no need for your view on which jobs I decide to apply for, but I very much appeciate your help.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 6

Richard S wrote:

Thanks Tiffany, no need for your view on which jobs I decide to apply for, but I very much appeciate your help.

That's not what Tiffany is doing - she is telling you, and I am too, that some of the best clients we get are brand new and shiny. And if you get them from the start, there's a good chance they'll become repeat clients, because once they've latched onto a freelancer they like working with, why not stick with them.

Unverified is only a problem if you start any work before they're verified. Something like 80-90% of my clients were new ... and I have never not been paid.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 6

Pretty much all of my clients were payment unverified.  When they hire me, I tell them I can start just as soon as they get verified.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

Hi! Richard.

Those kinds of clients are enjoying one month free trial of Upwork Plus.

No credit card required to enjoy the trial.

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS