Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** - Upwork Talent Group

simonlzn
Zinan L Member Since: Feb 16, 2016
21 of 44

Hi Jiang,

I have also got an invite from GSD - Upwork talent group about a translation job. I am quite new to Upwork, so I have no idea how the contract and application process works here. In fact, I am also wondering if I got this invite from a client or directly from Upwork.

If you have done any of this jobs before, could you please share some experience with me? Thank you!

p.s. I don't have the previlige to send you a private message, that's why I have to reply to your post....

Best wishes,

Zinan 

chikuse
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
22 of 44

Hi Zinan,

What has happened to me was it kept sending me the same job time and time again during the past few months. When I checked the job post, it was sent to over 1000 people and several hundred of them are "being interviewed". Also it involves something like registering on another website. These are actually red flags to me. I declined it and blocked it many times, but it could still send me the same thing time and time again. Have no idea how that could have happened. Basically, I don't trust something like this, whether a client or a group, doesn't really matter.  

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on this since I haven't actually worked on any projects from that so called group. If you have doubts, better trust your gut feelings and decline it than getting yourself into trouble. That's how I'd deal things like this. 

simonlzn
23 of 44

Hi Jiang,

Thank you for your advice. I was also asked to fill in an interview form in a google doc. Was the "another website" you were refering to also a google doc? After I filled out the form, I got an offer and I was asked to "complete the onboarding process", I have absolutely no idea what it is. Have you done something like this before?

In their job post, they asked all applicants to sign a NDA before starting to work. I am not sure what is that for. I saw you had the same question before. Could you please give some advice on that topic? Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Zinan

chikuse
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
24 of 44

Zinan,

You'd need to discuss the project details with your client. Make sure you understand what it is and what deliverables are expected before you accept an offer. Google doc or dropbox files should be okay. Be careful when you are asked to create an account in another website.

Re: NDA, I provided those links in the other post you mentioned to my client, and she was ok to go with Upwork one. Maybe you can try the same and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

simonlzn
25 of 44

Hi Jiang,

That helps a lot. I will try to use the standard NDA as well. Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Zinan

kissgabor2030
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
26 of 44

I would like to ask on the contrary - how to join this talent group as a freelancer? 

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
27 of 44

@Gabor K wrote:

I would like to ask on the contrary - how to join this talent group as a freelancer? 

Which means, both you and I are asking UW to provide official information about this group, right? 

BTW - you get invited by UW.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
28 of 44

Hi Ela,

GSD - Upwork Talent Group is an enterprise program managed by Upwork for a single corporate client. We'll look into the possibility of making basic information about the group available to Upwork users in our Help Center or here. However, freelancers can feel confident any Upwork-managed program is in compliance with all Upwork policies.

And you're correct, freelancers may be invited by GSD to specific projects. 

Thanks,

Garnor

kissgabor2030
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
29 of 44

Hello Garnor,

I have just received a contract offer from P&G Upwork Talent Group. Is this the same is the aforementioned GSD? Or are there more talent groups around than one?
Thank you!

Best regards,
Gabor

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
30 of 44

Hi Gabor,

The latter is correct, in that there are different talent groups which operate in a similar way. Garnor's post applies to all of them.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS