Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Update?

jmccpa
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
1 of 7

A few hours ago, I saw a pop-up on my screen advising of an Upwork Update.  I clicked "Later" because I saw no announcement of such an update and still don't.

Please advise.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

@Joseph C wrote:

A few hours ago, I saw a pop-up on my screen advising of an Upwork Update.  I clicked "Later" because I saw no announcement of such an update and still don't.

Please advise.

Huh? Advise what?

An update for your Upwork tracker has become available and the program asked you if you wanted to update it. What kind of announcement would you need for a normal software update?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 7

I went ahead and clicked Update Now and it updated itself in a flash. I can only hope time tracker still works.

Fanny K Member Since: Dec 10, 2016
4 of 7

The time tracker still works for me. Unfortunately, the new layout of the messaging centre doesn't give you an overview - you have to click back and forth between messages and clients instead of being able to write a message on the right AND see unread or other messages on the left.

Pretty please change that back, Upwork? It's really not very convenient having less information when I'm working.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
5 of 7

I'm not seeing the Messages layout Fanny describes. I've seen others who have had issues with the new layout, as well. Is it possible that I've been using a beta version of the latest update without realizing it? To be clear, I'm experiencing no issues with the update and am simply curious about why I'm one of the lucky ones. 

fmkellerman
Ace Contributor
Fanny K Member Since: Dec 10, 2016
6 of 7

That's strange. With the new layout, I have to click the small menu which the arrow is pointing at to switch between a single message or the list of contacts (censured with a big white square in the screen grab).

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 7

Hi Joseph,

Just to confirm that the update you`re referring to was for our desktop app. If you still haven`t updated your app, you will receive another notification asking you to update the app. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS