🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Your Network closing on 4th
Page options
jobanputrariya
Community Member

Upwork Your Network closing on 4th

I received this email from Upwork, it is just me or all of us?

We are reaching out because you have used Your Network, Upwork’s freelancer networking feature for Top Rated Talent, which will no longer be available as of April 4, 2024. If you have an existing message thread with other freelancers, you’ll be able to continue to message each other. Starting April 4, 2024, you will no longer be able to start new message threads with other freelancers on Upwork.

Going forward, we encourage you to connect with other independent professionals on Upwork Community, where you can also find Community Groups including the Top Rated Talent Group

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all, 

I can confirm that the Your Network beta feature will no longer be accessible on April 4, 2024. We emailed all active users of Your Network to alert them to the change. You can learn more in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56

wrote:

For everyone confused about the network thing, you can actually click any freelancer profile, at the top right there is an Icon that resembles "add as friend" on social media, this one will be add to your network.

Upwork is ending this feature - you won't be able to use it as of 4 April.

I guess I'm the only freelancer who used this? I have messaged other people in my field, trying to find competent freelancers who might like to be referred if I am too busy to take on a project, and I also used it to message (veteran) people for advice. One person in particular has been banned from the forums so it was nice to still be able to reach out to that person since I couldn't contact them through the forums.

bb457d64
Community Member

Hey Kelly! I just saw your post and wanted to reach out to you. I also use the network feature on upwork, and my particular reason for doing so is to hopefully meet and find people like you - who have several job offers with some they aren't interested in/able to do, to hopefully be referred for the job in their place. If you are still looking for people to refer for projects you're too busy to complete, could we get in contact about it further? I have been using up all my monthly connects and won't be able to purchase more connects. I haven't had any success in my proposal being accepted so I'm still looking for my first job on the platform, it would mean the world to me to be referred to jobs within my abilities. If you are open to this!

kbadeau
Community Member

I'm generally only looking for people to do basic book design, as I specialize in more complex nonfiction books. Keep at it though! You really have to think outside of the box with proposals to land that first job, then it gets easier from there.

0c7684dc
Community Member

Yes I’m a graphic designer and I’m also writer I design cover and write

Is this the Networking feature that's just used to ask other freelancers for work? Yeah, it was pretty useless.

My interpretension is they are closing the network feature. Either it's not working as they hoped it would or people are mis-using it (sending network requests/messeges to other freelancers for non-work related stuff). I've had a few requests and messeges from fellow freelancers before. Mainly new ones seeking advice and possible work. I've helped them as much as I can and I'd say it was a good initiative. 

Are only top rated profiles getting this email or is it for general? Because I dont have a top rated badge but still received same email.

Pretty sure this email just means we will no longer receive random requests from other freelancers to connect. I've been getting several of these for some time. As soon as I connect with them, they ask me to recommend them for work like if I know anyone who needs graphic/writing/software development work, or maybe I need their help with MY writing. But what the? I have no idea of the quality of their work; they are random, came down in the last shower as far as I am concerned. I can't recommend someone I don't know even if the Upwork platform verifies them. While I wish all other Upwork freelancers well and that they'll find success here, it is not my job to find them work. I have a big enough job of doing  that for myself. I found the functionality all a bit 'spammy', if you don't mind me saying. Happy Easter everyone.

Rgds
M

talcina
Community Member

I'm actually really glad this is going away. All the network requests seemed really spammy.

a88e782f
Community Member

Received as well, may be important for beginner freelancers.

644c7317
Community Member

Hello! I am currently experiencing some trouble messaging. A fellow freelancer added me to her network, and I accepted - the site even says that I am already part of it. I tried to message her, but then only a pop up that says "failed to get message room id" shows. How can I solve this? I've already tried everything the automated chat says, such as checking my connection with WebSockets (which according to them my connection can run it). 

This is what it says when I followed the instructions of CTRL+SHIFT+I and in the Console tab:

roomsDS', 'Get1On1RoomForUsersHysCmd', 'User 1767051187582234624 don't have chat permissions in org 1767051187582234625': error [86c86a8f2b2d096c-HKG, 86c86a8f2b2d096c-HKG]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3a11485c
Community Member

Hi there,

I wanted to reach out to you because I'm experiencing an issue when trying to send a request to add freelancer to my network.

I encounter the following error message:

"User 1684301783445962752 is not allocated to AG-2292_TEAMS_NETWORK: error 86dafdf70db9349e-WAW, 86dafdf70db9349e-WAW. Contact Upwork Support for more information."(see screenshot)

I was wondering if you could provide some assistance or guidance on how to resolve this issue?

5743a646
Community Member

I'm unable to see the plus symbol through which I can send connection requests to freelancers and connect with them. May I know what could be the possible reason behind the same? 

Hi Wama,

I believe you are referring to the Your Network feature. This feature became unavailable as of April 4, 2024. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5743a646
Community Member

Oh that's new. So is there any other way to connect with other freelancers on Upwork or at least that we can message them? 

5743a646
Community Member

I would like to connect with other freelancers on Upwork. So is there any other way for the same? Please let me know Asap. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members