🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork canceled my project and my client won'...
Page options
e772332d
Community Member

Upwork canceled my project and my client won't respond

Hi, 

My contract 29406994 was canceled without any reason. This cancelation action was taken by Upwork and both I and my client do not understand what went wrong.

Now, my client won't even respond to my messages again for over 24 hours now.

I have also contacted support repeatedly but no response. 

Please, what can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Upwork would cancel a contract for one of two reasons:

Funds have been sat in escrow for 90 days with nothing being submitted or paid,

or

The job violated Upwork's terms of service.

What were you hired for?

e772332d
Community Member

None of these reasons you've mentioned happened. The contract was up for just 24 hours. And I was hired to write 2 articles of 1,500 words each.

NikolaS

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further and to share more information about your contract status.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
e772332d
Community Member

Thank you, Nikola. I am currently speaking with Customer Support, Gisele. I will let you know as things unfold.

tlbp
Community Member

It is up to the client to resolve any issues. You may never hear from them again if they cannot. Try not to attach your hope to a single contract because things can go wrong that are outside your control to fix. 

e772332d
Community Member

Are you saying, on Upwork, clients can decide to cancel contracts at will without having any issue with them or the job delivered?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members