🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork initiated an AUTOMATIC REFUND TO MY AC...
Page options
0b44ae7a
Community Member

Upwork initiated an AUTOMATIC REFUND TO MY ACCOUNT

So, Upwork initiated an automatic refund in my account which was fulfilled immediately. 

Is there a way I could cancel this refund transaction?

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

You can not. Read Unauthorized refund

the-right-writer
Community Member

Which job is connected to the refund? Is it the entry-level position for $2330?

Unless the hours were automatically tracked, there is no way to recover the money.

m_terrazas
Community Member

John K wrote:

So, Upwork initiated an automatic refund in my account which was fulfilled immediately. 

Is there a way I could cancel this refund transaction?

Can you tell us what work you did (if it's the job for $2300)?
Did you send money or buy something for the customer?
An entry-level position job, for that amount of money, is not normal. In addition, the final amount is more than three times the job budget.
If you give us more information, we can advise you better.

0b44ae7a
Community Member

I'm a freelancer, and the client paid $3350 for a project. This was the third milestone. Unfortunately, the amount was automatically refunded from my account without my authorisation.

Was this milestone part of your job in progress, in which you've earned $8,630 after less than three weeks of work? That's pretty amazing, considering that you've never made more than $400 for a job, and the client has only ever paid $30 to one freelancer for a logo. That works out to 431 hours at your rate of $20/hour. You must have been working more than 21/hours each day, is that right?

0b44ae7a
Community Member

Not really

Depending on the project, I tend to agree on an amount with the client. 

John K wrote:

Depending on the project, I tend to agree on an amount with the client. 

Ok, so it's the job for $8,630, right?
Given how reluctant you are to tell us what work you did for that client, we're left to guess.
I guess you had to buy something for them.
The client "paid" you an amount, you bought something for a portion of that amount, you sent it to the client and you kept the difference.
And so up to three milestones.
If it really is something like that, or something similar, you have fallen for a well-known scam and there is nothing you can do to get your money back.
If that's not how it happened, tell us.

And yet that amount is usually around $100 for you, not $8,000+. What was so special about this entry-level project that made it worth so much money, for a few weeks of work?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members