Did you mean: 

Upwork’s New Pricing

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
21 of 924

@N B wrote:

Hi Valeria, 

I've actually managed one myself. But perhaps you can tell me the overall % of awarded jobs with a $10,000 + budget in the Writing and Translation area in the last 12 months? 

N B,

If I understand this correctly it's not about a single job but all jobs with a single client. I certainly don't have a single client on Upwork exceeding lifetime earnings of $10,000 but I do have a couple exceeding $500 and still going so there won't be much of a change for me. Hopefully the low-ballers with a large number of onetime clients will move away.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
22 of 924

Valeria: I have been here for over 2 years and working my a.. legs off, without any pauses in between. 

Still, I haven't earned $10,000 yet - in total (with more than 100 jobs behind my back).

This is a very one-sided change. First, VAT, then Connects and...this
I think we would all be glad to see the official statistics of that.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Elizabeth B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
23 of 924

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi N B,

That's a valid question. A growing number of freelancers earn $10,000 or more with a single client and represent a sizable portion of earnings on Upwork. Moreover, Upwork is investing heavily to attract more clients looking to connect with freelancers for these types of projects.

Yes, we know: It's a valid question that you don't intend to answer.

Highlighted
Liliana V Member Since: May 4, 2016
24 of 924

Well, since we cannot know the number of jobs that generated over 10.000$ , can we get a list of the businesses? Or can we find out how much money Upwork invests and where in order to attract bigger clients who offer long-term positions?

Cause I am looking for a long term position and end up applying for jobs that turn out either bad, or not paying in time, or actually temporary because some idiot had an idea, was told to hire somebody and did before the job was even defined so either i am getting 10hrs a week waiting for the idiot to find time for me in his precious schedule or looking again for another job.

So, please tell me how is this better for me??

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Igor Y Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
25 of 924

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi N B,

Moreover, Upwork is investing heavily to attract more clients looking to connect with freelancers for these types of projects.

Idk, logic seems kinda reversed. You invest into having more 10k+ relationships with a client but charge more for smaller ones. You've just literally made upwork unattractive for new freelancers. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
26 of 924

Hi Igor,

The logic behid it is that smaller contracts cost us more to serve than larger projects. The costs of acquiring clients, connecting you with the right opportunities, and providing services like payment protection outweigh the fees currently charged for small projects. At the same time, larger, repeat projects incur fewer of these costs. To support our customers better, we’re increasing our fee on smaller projects and decreasing it when your relationships cross important thresholds.

Once the new fees are in place and costs no longer outweigh the fees of supporting smaller jobs, we plan to invest in growing this part of our business.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
27 of 924

Valeria (or whomever has the time lol)

Can you confirm for me that the flat fee for clients is $25/mo overall, and not $25/mo per freelancer?  

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 924

Hi Christy,

It's $25/month overall not per freelancer. And that option will only be available for some clients.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
29 of 924

Awesome.  My client just sent me an email and was very concerned.  Based on the email he received, he does qualify for this option so he'll be relieved.  Thanks!

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Christy,

It's $25/month overall not per freelancer. And that option will only be available for some clients.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
30 of 924
This widget could not be displayed.

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Igor,

The logic behid it is that smaller contracts cost us more to serve than larger projects. The costs of acquiring clients, connecting you with the right opportunities, and providing services like payment protection outweigh the fees currently charged for small projects. At the same time, larger, repeat projects incur fewer of these costs. To support our customers better, we’re increasing our fee on smaller projects and decreasing it when your relationships cross important thresholds.

Once the new fees are in place and costs no longer outweigh the fees of supporting smaller jobs, we plan to invest in growing this part of our business.

It is Upwork's responsibility that freelancer do jobs for 1 USD on the platform. It is a financial desaster for Upwork and the freelancer as well. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS