🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork top rated no response to proposals.
Page options
umerkarzansoftr
Community Member

Upwork top rated no response to proposals.

Hi there !

Guys since I became the top rated seller I stopped getting any response from the job proposal. Is my profile rate too higher?? Can someone please review my profile??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad Umer N wrote:

Hi there !

Guys since I became the top rated seller I stopped getting any response from the job proposal. Is my profile rate too higher?? Can someone please review my profile??

Probably. You should increase your rate gradually. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad Umer N wrote:

Hi there !

Probably. You should increase your rate gradually. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Did you increase your rate when you becameTop Rated?

Did you used to get more responses to your proposals at a lower pay rate?

How long ago did you first notice fewer responses to your proposals?

A lot of things like this are random on Upwork. The week of Aug. 30 Upwork tells me my profile was discovered 116 times. Five weeks later that number dropped to 41.

I didn't change anything about my profile or pricing. Maybe Upwork made some changes I don't know about. Or maybe Aug. 30 was an anomaly. Or the number six weeks later was. I'll never know.

No I increase it now as I am getting no response.

I didn't get any response on my low rate after top rated

It happend after being top rated.

Yeah something is changed.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Muhammad, 

I don't think it is about the rate, but employers may find it difficult to determine your real rate! I do not know what rate you specify in your proposals, if you send proposals with your profile rate, no one is going to hire you! 

Your hiring rate has been so inconsistent and significantly low from the profile rate, not sure what rate you are using in your proposals. If a potential employers look at your work history, profile rate, and proposal rate he will have a hard time trusting which one is real?

Your profile rate is $32, the lowest you have charge is 4/Hour, and the highest you have charged is 10/Hour? Under fixed prices, the lowest value of the project was $5 and the highest was 45?

Nothing wrong with charging in that range, just stick to one price. If you think you provide value worth $32 per hour, then stick to it if you think you might get more work at $4 update your profile rate to reflect that....

Other than that, so many other freelancers have experienced a drop in invites, hiring and client responses to their proposals in the last few months....

Mate actually I have been sending out proposals with my 10$ per hour rate. This change on my profile is due to my friend telling me that I am charging less that is why I am not getting any response. Before that I was having a consistent rate.

lysis10
Community Member

It's almost like being cheap with badges isn't a great strategy. idk it's all so confusing. How can you not get jobs when you're the cheapest bidder, 100% JSS, and TR? Like it's just like a huge question that nobody can answer. It's probably Upwork's fault.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members