🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Urgent Query
Page options
Goutam B Community Member

Urgent Query

I got offer from my client and he already pays via upwork, but his partner not on the upwork platform. My client want he only liable to pay via upwork but he want I will discuss his partner outside upwork.

Is it good or not?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jeanne H Community Member

You can talk to a prospective client through Upwork before a contract is in place. You CANNOT talk or have any contact with a prospective client outside of Upwork (Telegram, Skype, etc.) before an Upwork contract is in place.

After you have an Upwork contract, you can talk anywhere, but I encourage people, especially new ones, to keep everything on Upwork, so it is documented.

You need to use the link at the top of the page to the Academy, where you will learn about the Terms of Service, and how to use the platform.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeanne H Community Member

You can talk to a prospective client through Upwork before a contract is in place. You CANNOT talk or have any contact with a prospective client outside of Upwork (Telegram, Skype, etc.) before an Upwork contract is in place.

After you have an Upwork contract, you can talk anywhere, but I encourage people, especially new ones, to keep everything on Upwork, so it is documented.

You need to use the link at the top of the page to the Academy, where you will learn about the Terms of Service, and how to use the platform.

Goutam B Community Member

Thanks for your valuable information.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members