🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Using VPN
Page options
kzaimtsyan
Community Member

Using VPN

Good afternoon, I am from Armenia but my wife is from Belarus and we often travel to Belarus and in Belarus Upwork is blocked, I turn on VPN to work with clients, I can get banned and I don’t want this to happen, I’m very excited, I wanted to know if I can Do I use Opwork via VPN in Belarus

6 REPLIES 6
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Karapet!  Using a VPN is not a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP address, your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

thank you very much, but the thing is I’m in a country where there are sanctions,this is also not a violation if I am in a country where Upwork is blocked?

Hi Karapet,

Allow me to jump in to help clarify this for you. While using a VPN is not a violation of the TOS as Milos mentioned, U.S. law restricts Upwork from conducting business with individuals or entities located or traveling in restricted areas. If you're in one of those restricted areas, you won't be able to utilize our platform, even while on VPN. You should be able to access it again once you're no longer in the restricted area.

If there are inconsistencies with your location, your account may be placed on hold, and the relevant team will contact you and assist you further. You can check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

thank you very much, I’m very glad that you answered me, now I’ll be a little calmer

I can be in any country other than Russia and Belarus and I won’t have any problems, I understand correctly?

As long as you're not in one of the countries listed in the article I've shared, you can use the platform. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members