Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Low Exchange Rate

visualcomando
Pablo V Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
1 of 34

Hi Thanks for your time!!

I will like to know if this Exchange rate is real??

"Last Upwork exchange rate 2.0000 COP/USD as of Mar 30, 2017 13:00 UTC"

i'm extremely disappointed and frustrated, this is a total Scam Rip Off, i Cant understand how you do this to your workers

How its possible you are stealing more than 30% of the money i earned??

i will give and example:

at the moment of writing this message the Official exchange rate for USD/COP is 2872.34

this official exchange rate is applied by my bank if i receive a transaction in USD

So if i withdraw 100 USD i should receive at least 287.000 COP BUT WITH YOUR EXCHANGE RATE I WILL RECEIVE ONLY 200.000 COP

this means i lost 87.000 COP that is 30 USD

so i just lost 30 USD the 30% of my money

is this real?? i will lost all my money if use bank transfer??

Please Dont insult me or lie to me with dumb answers

USD/COP exchange rate has never been lower than 2700 in more than one year, so dont tell this fluctuate and lies like that

What i want to know is if this Exchange rate will be reviewed or if you will simply continue to STEAL 30% of every worker money??

please be direct and sincere, so we dont loose more time, i will close my account immediately

WILL NEVER BE PART OF THIS SCAM

ITS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE YOU ARE STEALING 30%

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 34

Hi Pablo,

I just checked and the last exchange rate used by Upwork bank is 2736.33 COP/USD* not 2.0000 COP/USD. 

Screenshot_2.png

Additionally, please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

visualcomando
3 of 34

Thanks a lot for your fast and good support!!

finally it was you and your facebook community manager that helped me

The problem is your platform is displaying wrong exchange rates

i still see 2000 instead of 2736.33

I talked with several support agents, and it seems this issue was elevated to payments team so they can fix it

and hopefully no other person on upwork has this problem never again

I also want to let you know whoever is managing your facebook page did a great job helping me while your support center was extremely bad it was very frustrating they didnt help at all, and that finally the answer was on a forum and on facebook

Thanks Valeria!!

**Edited for community guidelines**

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
4 of 34

Thank you for providing a screeshot, Pablo. The team is investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
5 of 34

Pablo,

Could you please click Get Paid button again and check the amount displayed for the most recent withdrawal rate now? Could you please provide a screenshot of the rate you see now?

~ Valeria
Upwork
visualcomando
6 of 34

Hi Valeria thanks for your good support

I just double checked again, and i Confirm the problem Persist

As we found out this morning with the facebook page chat support:

It seems the problem only happens when you are editing the payment method it still shows 2.0000 (notice the weird punctuation and 4 zeros)... but when I Click on the "Get Paid" button it shows the good exchange rate of 2736.66

But since it was the first time i was going to use this payment method, the first thing i saw was the 2.0000 exchange rate and I couldnt believe it.

So when i first wrote to support center i asked if theres was a problem or mistake, and they all told me that there was no mistake, that the exchange rate was the one shown of 2.0000 thats when i really freaked out and couldnt believe Upwork was doing that. 

If the initial support person told me the good exchange rate.... I would never used bad language for which i sincerely apologize, i hope you can understand how frustrated i was.

Im extremely glad and grateful that Upwork is legit, im glad it was just a small technical problem of the platform and that we found out about this.

it will be really confusing for people to see a wrong exchange rate when editing the payment method mostly if its the first time you are going to use it, so it will be really good that your team can fix it and avoid this inconvenience to other freelancers, also it will be good if you can notify your support center team about this issue if someone maybe experience the same problem.

I attach a new screenshot that confirm the problem, maybe this could help fix it

Thanks a lot Valeria and to Upwork in general for being a legit marketplace
Thanks!!

**Edited for community guidelines**

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
7 of 34

Pablo, thanks for clarifying that the error in on the "Edit Payment Method" page. Our engineers are working to fix it.

Sorry about the confusion in the support ticket. I believe the agent was looking at the Get Paid page just like I did when I first saw your post.

~ Valeria
Upwork
visualcomando
8 of 34

Thanks!!

I think you are right, maybe support center didnt saw the problem when i first wrote about it, since they didnt see the 2.0000 exchange rate, they tought the rate was good so they were reassuring several times the exchange rate was good so i was very worried about it .... Shelley and Raymond were cool, Shelley just answered and she just found the problem too, i also apologized to them

since it was my first time using bank transfer, I never clicked on "get paid" button cause i was affraid i was gonna get the wrong exchange rate. I didnt even knew you could see the exchange rate on the "get paid" page

Maybe its a problem with COP currency only?

Cause Support told me that they didnt get any other reports of this problem

Thanks a lot for your help

jhosehprendon
Jhosehp R Member Since: Apr 4, 2017
9 of 34

I have the same issue and I still see the same 2.000COP/USD exchange rate.

visualcomando
10 of 34

Hi Man

I just check and the problem persist, i still see 2000 in the "edit payment method" page

But you can go to the "Get Paid" page, and you will see the actual exchange rate of 2709.735

is not the best exchange rate but at least its not 2000

must be a big bug on the platform since its been several days and not yet fixed

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS