cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing freelancers who applied for a job

Ace Contributor
Shane B Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 4

Something that I've been meaning to ask for a while, just remembered now.

When you apply for a job/view a job, there is a dropdown menu to see who else has applied.

Why do some of the profiles not show a preview of their profile that you can click on?

Most of the freelancers, if you hover over their name or click on their name, which is in green, it gives you a quick overview of their profile. Yet some of the freelancers, who's name is in black, you are unable to hover over their name to get a profile, or click on their name either.

Just curious if anyone knows why?

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
2 of 4

I would assume their profiles are set to "private", hence cannot be viewed by anybody except a client once they submit an application for his/her job.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
3 of 4

@Shane B wrote:

Something that I've been meaning to ask for a while, just remembered now.

When you apply for a job/view a job, there is a dropdown menu to see who else has applied.

Why do some of the profiles not show a preview of their profile that you can click on?

Most of the freelancers, if you hover over their name or click on their name, which is in green, it gives you a quick overview of their profile. Yet some of the freelancers, who's name is in black, you are unable to hover over their name to get a profile, or click on their name either.

Just curious if anyone knows why?

Hi Shane -- it's because of profile settings. Users you can hover over have a public profile, while those unclickable names in black have profiles that are set to private. Mine is set to private. Which means you can't find me in search or click on my name to see my profile, but when I apply to a job, the client can see my profile. Hope it helps. 

Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
4 of 4

As mentioned in other posts, it's because their profile is set to private.

As to why it's set that way? I don't know and I'm not gonna ask !! Smiley LOL

Edit:

What I do know is that the 2 before me are clearly a lot quicker than me !! Smiley LOL

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS