cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PROFILE TITLE?

J.A. F Member Since: Jan 12, 2014
1 of 6
What is the problem with my profile title? I had it entered successfully with no problem. Then when I tried to apply for a job it began to tell me that it contained "invalid text". I have REPEATEDLY tried to change and revise it and it REPEATEDLY tells me the text is invalid EVERY SINGLE TIME. I am an expert writer and artist. I have tried to enter a title to that effect and the site REFUSES to accept what I enter. WHAT ON EARTH IS THE PROBLEM? HOW CAN I GET A PROFILE TITLE ENTERED AND START APPLYING FOR WORK? THIS IS INSANE! WHY IS *_EVERY SINGLE TITLE_* THAT I TRY TO ENTER CALLED "INVALID"? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO START APPLYING FOR WORK HERE? This is making me EXTREMELY angry, as you can see. I just want to get started working? Why am I encountering this maddening problem?
Community Leader
Stefan C Member Since: Nov 1, 2011
2 of 6
It`s probably the "oDesk readiness test for future annoying bugs you may encounter on this site". There`s nothing anybody can do for you out here; try contacting support, they`ll be more than happy to assist you (:.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
3 of 6
Have you tried using a different browser?
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
4 of 6
Hi, Please try clearing your browser cache and then do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5). See if that helps. Otherwise please try switching to a different browser (Firefox/Chrome). If you still get the error please report to Customer Support. Hope this helps...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
5 of 6
Hi again, I escalated this for you, and it's a bug. We are working on fixing this, apologies for the inconvenience.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Mae Margaret M Member Since: Sep 24, 2009
6 of 6
Same here. I tried changing my profile title and it won't let me. I cleared my browser cache, did a hard refresh and switched to a different browser (Chrome to Firefox) to no avail.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS