🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » WHY IS THERE NO PROPER FORM CUSTOMER SERVICE ...
Page options
maninejad
Community Member

WHY IS THERE NO PROPER FORM CUSTOMER SERVICE ON UPWORK?

I have provided work for client. The client has signed contract and after days of no communication and has not paid for the work. I dont see any way to contact and dispute this on the website.

This platfrom is absolute nightmare.

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "WHY IS THERE NO PROPER FORM CUSTOMER SERVICE ON UPWORK?"

That is factually incorrect.

There are least eight different channels/forms of customer support.

One of the best of these is the Community Forum.

With regards to your question:

You seem concerned that there is now no communication with the client.

This doesn't matter.

As a freelancer, I get paid whether or not the client is communicating with me.

if the client is completely unresponsive, and does nothing, then I get paid AUTOMATICALLY.

You must have been unaware of this fact.

Do you have any other questions?

Just ask your questions here. Don't waste your time with the other support channels. I really don't think you need them in order to obtain the information you need on this topic.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I dont see any way to contact and dispute this on the website."

There is nothing to dispute.

Clients are not required to communicate with you.

There are only two possibilities here:

a) You used Upwork correctly and will receive the money soon. You are disappointed that the client didn't send a note thanking you, but you'll get by without that note.

b) You used Upwork incorrectly, which is fine. New people make mistakes. But you can learn from your mistake and not make the same mistake again in the future.

Whichever it is, it has nothing to do with Upwork Customer Support. Whichever it is, it is good news.

tagrendy
Community Member

If there was no milestone funded, or your time wasn't tracked by Upwork timetracker, I'm sorry to say, you might've worked for free. Contract in itself doesn't guarantee payment.

petra_r
Community Member

Do you mean the hours you worked?

You get paid for them automatically.

Go to Reports > Overview, Can you see the money in the pipeline there? Also read this: Get Paid for Hourly Contracts

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

maninejad
Community Member

Thank you for your comments here. The contract waas written based on hourly basis. This was 3 weeks ago. The work has been in review for about 2 weeks now. Which now says in progress 7-13 Feb. 
The amount of $460 in review. The client hasnt confimred the pay and has gone quite. 

I do think I have done everything right here and appreacite this Forum but to me Upwork lacks claifty of information for each project. 
Even saying theres no guaratnee to get paid after a contract is written is a sign for me as a new user to get concerned. And clearly theres no point of direct contact to a customer care represteive form Upwork, which is still questionable that you have to write your concren in a comuunity forum. 

re: "The amount of $460 in review. The client hasn't confirmed the pay and has gone quiet."

Upwork has no step for clients to confirm hourly pay.

When I log time on an hourly contract, I get paid automatically. The client does nothing on his end to make that happen.

Clients don't have to confirm your pay; they are charged automatically. You can read more about how payments for hourly contracts work here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063668-Get-Paid-for-Hourly-Contracts 

maninejad
Community Member

So as of today 14 Feb there has been no payment showing in my account.

As you guys say the client gets automatically charged - which should have been by 13 Feb. 

it sais job in progress. What needs to be done from here?

After the countdown clock ticks over to 14 days, it is normal for it take up to 24 hours before the finds are auto-released.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members