🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Warning about Upwork
Page options
3e3e266a
Community Member

Warning about Upwork

Hey! Upwork Platform!!!

I would like to warn you about this platform.

Don't allow fake clients to post their jobs anymore.

I am very angry because this platform works foolishly.

We are paying our fees, but you aren't blocking fake clients.

I am just so annoyed.

11 REPLIES 11
srhare
Community Member

To be fair, how can one know that an account is fake until someone reports it?

3e3e266a
Community Member

Clients from each different countries keep posting the same jobs. I am not sure why Upwork doesn't detect this.

Because a fake job is a good business. Upwork is earning money with the connects. The job is not very important.

dataextract
Community Member

So?

What I'm saying is that Upwork is doing something stupid. They are only focused on making money through connections with freelancers by allowing fake jobs.

e1089383
Community Member

HI, I may be off topi slightly, please forgive  me. I am trying to flag a freelancer profile as fake, but the system is only saying it's saved. This profile is a fake profile and uses other people to do the work. 
 How can I contact UpWork and report the profile?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Asheen, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the user you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1089383
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

I tried to click on your name and I could not get to your profile It says profile no longer exists.

I will post all the information here.

I don't have a link to his profile. He always handled the UpWork account and emails. I dealt with the clients work. I used to login to the his laptop remotely and to the work. He promied me $23.4,m but has not paid me for the last 3 weeks of work.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I just want what is owed to me. it is not fair he asked me to do the work and has not paid me for all my long nights and weekends and hard work.

Please help.

Thank you Nikola

Hi Asheen,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and they will look into this further and take appropriate actions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1089383
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you so much.  Greartly appreciated.

Cou;d UpWork team be able to get his to sort out my outstanding payments?

Kind Regards,

Asheen

e1089383
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I haven;t had any contact from the UpWork team regarding my reported isssue.

Is there someone I can connect with for an update?

Kind Regards. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members