🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What am I doing wrong?
Page options
9d231b01
Community Member

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, 

Hope you all are doing well. I am a part-time freelancer in Social media management and wanted to know what's wrong since the year began, I have been hoping to get lots of work(lol), but it's been three months and, there is no job I have secured not a single invitation.....! 

I think I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what! Or maybe it's the algorithm Or the bidding thing?

I hope I don't sound too ingenuous.

Looking for solutions.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Sakha,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the drop in the job invitation. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
celgins
Community Member

Sakha,

I reviewed your profile and there is nothing wrong with it.

• Your JSS is 100%
  • Summary is good
    Work History is good
  • You have 15 relevant Skills selected
  • Your Porfolio is setup
  • You have a Project Catalog setup

The drop in invitations could be related to both of those things and others (i.e., updates to Upwork’s various algorithms; boosted bids, which may bury your proposals beneath a pile of other proposals, etc.) Many freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus—are finding it difficult to generate profile views and responses to proposals.

The only thing you can do is to keep applying to jobs for which you are qualified and write good cover letters. You will eventually win some!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members