cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does upwork mean by "we already took action on reported Freelancer"?

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
11 of 17

Christine A wrote:

Abinadab A wrote:
Hi! Vivek.
Note that wrt to the fake pic issue, the wheels of Upwork verification can be slow to grind. But they usually eventually come around to doing the job.

Upwork would typically follow it's procedure for verifying profiles and won't just ban the profile because and immediately you ask.

They have a certain time frame they follow, giving the other side sufficient time to gather needed verification docs (if they have one) to make their case (if they have one). They won't immediately bring down the Upwork verification hammer on them immediately you said they should. Upwork are not puppets.
Also, you can't be prosecutor in a case and also act as judge in that case.

Have some respekt for UW.
As a large organisation, expect that they would have proceduces to follow.
Thanks!

Goran confirmed that "proper actions were taken". So no, this isn't a case of the OP needing to have patience.

Exactly. Infact, I was not even going to check if they did not email me stating that.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 17

Upwork, see what happens when you're not listening?

See?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
13 of 17

Just Checked the Profile again

It Now says:

This profile is no longer available. Browse other freelancer profiles here.

So I think, action was finally taken.

Thanks  everyone.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
14 of 17

Vivek K wrote:

Just Checked the Profile again

It Now says:

This profile is no longer available. Browse other freelancer profiles here.

So I think, action was finally taken.

Thanks  everyone.

I'm glad that your persistence paid off.

Community Guru
15 of 17
Thanks Christine.
I feel happy that there is atleast one less fake profile on upwork.
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
16 of 17

Vivek K wrote:

This is similar to another one i reported a few months back. The freelancer  outsourced my work to a third person. That third person was all over google searching on how to do that Job (Caught in Screen shots). One of the screen shots even  had  email  of the third person open . That email contained  a verbatim copy of the instructions I had given to original freelancer. The freelancer later accepted that she had taken help of a third person (she termed it a small matter).

I provided details to Customer Support. I was assured action. I do not know what action was taken. The profile is still there .

So a freelancer was hired by the OP, they in turn hired another [completely unqualified] freelancer to do the work for a lesser rate, but their profile is still active. Just how far does a person need to go in order to be permanently banned on Upwork?

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
17 of 17

Clients are Upwork's bread and butter. This is where their revenue comes from, where their profiles reside. Without clients, there would be no Upwork. If a freelancers leaves there are 1000 more waiting in the wings to do that specific job. If a client leaves, although there may be 1000 freelancers, there will be no job for them to work on. 

Having said that, I don't understand why it takes so long for Upwork to suspend freelancer's accounts where they are clearing not their accounts. There are freelancers copying word for word other freelancers profiles, there are freelancers who farm out their job without letting the clients know, there are freelancers who copy samples from the internet and post them as their own work in their portfolio and there are freelancers who take someone's picture off the internet and post it as their own.

There should be Zero tolerance for any freelancer who does that. They should not be given a chance to correct their profiles, or to post a picture of their actual self. They should be banned, swiftly. 

Loopholes should be closed immediately so no "Aussie Voice" profiles can be registered here except for the original Aussie Voice profile.

Instead of initiating emoticons or some other trivial upgrade, Upwork should strengthen their platform and work on matters that need attention. As more and more clients start leaving this platform, this site will become a flood of freelances with something fake in their profiles but no jobs to work on. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS