cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I don't meet the preferred qualifications

Shaira G Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
1 of 11

Good afternoon. It's my first time here in Upwork. Whenever I choose a project, they always have preferred qualifications. Job success score and Include Rising Talent which I do not have yet, since I just started. Will I still be able to send proposals to these clients without their preferred qualifications? If not, where should I look for jobs as a starter? I'm a graphic designer and I've noticed they always put this qualifications. Thank you so much 

Ace Contributor
Tamal S Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
2 of 11

Hello Shaira,

Welcome to Upwork. Yes, it is a bit frustrating for the newbies that all most of the clients look for 90+ JSS or Rising Talent but with a top-notch proposal you still have a chance to land on jobs.

@Shaira G wrote:

Will I still be able to send proposals to these clients without their preferred qualifications? If not, where should I look for jobs as a starter?  

Yes, you can send proposals without meeting their preferred qualifications but clients can see that you didn't meet their preferred qualifications. So my suggestion would be -- Read the job description carefully and write a project specific proposal, avoid pre-formatted proposals. If you can make your client understand that you are the right person for the job you can easily land on your first job. Best of luck!

"I'm silently judging your font choice."

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
3 of 11

Yes, you can still apply for those jobs. The client will see that you don't meet whatever requirement it is, but don't worry too much about that. Some clients choose those preferences without giving it too much thought, or even just accept defaults. If you are a great fit for the job and write a good proposal, many will hire you anyway.

4 of 11

Thank you so much for letting me know, Tiffany Smiley Happy 

Jefferson B Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
5 of 11

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Ace Contributor
Tamal S Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
6 of 11
Hello Shaira,
Welcome to Upwork. Yes, it is a bit frustrating for the newbies that all most of the clients look for 90+ JSS or Rising Talent but with a top-notch proposal you still have a chance to land on jobs.

Yes, you can send proposals without meeting their preferred qualifications but clients can see that you didn't meet their preferred qualifications. So my suggestion would be -- Read the job description carefully and write a project specific proposal, avoid pre-formatted proposals. If you can make your client understand that you are the right person for the job you can easily land on your first job. Best of luck!

"I'm silently judging your font choice."

7 of 11

Hello Sir

Thank you so much for giving your time to answer my question. Also. thank you for encouraging me. I hope I get a job here 

Regards,
Shai

Samson M Member Since: Oct 16, 2019
8 of 11

Thank you for your reply sir

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 11

Hi Shaira,

Tiffany already responded to your question, so I'll just confirm you can bid on jobs that include the preferences you mentioned and your proposals will be displayed to client in that case. Just make sure you have the skills, experience and time to complete the work in line with the client's requirements and expectations.

You'll find valuable information in our freelancer resources.

10 of 11

Thank you for answering my question, Sir Vladimir. I appreaciate it so much

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS