Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What interviewing means

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 6

Greetings, 

I have a question regarding interviews that are seen on the side of the job offer. 

There are 0 invites sent but there are still 2 interviews. 
For all these 9 months i believe it's when the client is engaged in communication with some freelancer. 

Now i have one client that replied to me only two words. I see on this job offer 2 interviews. 

I am curious: Is what he wrote to me considered as interviewing someone or that means only after they , i dunno, shared some specific number of messages/letters? 

I am curious about this

Thank you in advance! 
Dusko Avramovski

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Dusko,

Once a communication has started between you and the client it will be considered as an interview. Also when a client sends you an invite, once you have accepted it you will be listed under the Interviewing section.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
3 of 6
It's just when a client sends a message to the freelancer. That's it.

I don't know what two words the client said, but you might want to try replying with a question about the project or something.

There is no number of messages required for it to be considered an "interview". Just one from the client go the freelancer.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
4 of 6

Thank you guys. 

That is fine. I know how to do conversations, not a problem. I am talkative and friendly person so i am always responding. My point was: 

Does if he writes "Hello" only that goes as Interviewing, or he needs to be in talks with me for some hour or to write specific number of words for UpWork to consider that and interviewing. 

Anyway i got the answer now. This is helpful. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 6

Dusko = If a client sends a message to you, even if it containes just one word, such as Hello, then that's considered an interview. You can now message back to the client with questions about the job. Usually during the "interview" stage, that's where questions are answered, more detailed information is given, materials and/or files are given, terms are negociated, and both the client and freelancer have an understanding of what's required. Once you have all the information, materials, files, and answers you now have enough to go by and to start the job IF the client offers you a contract.

Highlighted
Md Mohiuddin A Member Since: Apr 24, 2019
6 of 6

That's a very clear explanation, thanks (even helping after many years)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS