akter-yesmin

What it mean? " Proposals: Less than 5 "

I see a feature on proposal. I show below job description as " Proposals: Less than 5". I don't understand what it mean? Again if I click on a job post, I sometime it show "Proposals: 10 to 15" or Proposals: 50+ etc. I'm confused about it. I give a screenshot below

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail

Yesmin, the larger number that's displayed with the job post is more recent and more accurate.

So I want to apply to the jobs with the more proposals? Like 10-15 vs less than 5? Because it means it's recently updated?

Hi Joy,

The number you are referring to is the number of applications, also known as Proposals, submitted on the job posting. 
I would recommend looking at the numbers under Interviewing or Hired before sending proposals and determine if you would like to apply on the job. 

I would also like to clarify that you can send a proposal in both scenarios when proposals are less than 5 or between 10-15. 
To learn more about proposals check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Always use the number inside the job listing. The listing is updated frequently, while the summary list of jobs can be out of date even by hours.

carolyngomes

Hi Yesmin,

The number you are referring to is the number of applications, also known as Proposals, submitted on each job posting. It varies based on each individual posting, and is updated as people apply to the job, though it may take a little while for the page to refresh.

~Carolyn
Upwork
visualstudio

It means that for some reason Upwork not want show you exactly number of proposals . Some jobs have 0 bids, but you do not know is this 0 or 4 becouse wrote less then 5, probably some psihology stuff, if nobody aplied, it is not good for some reason . Same with range 15 to 20, maybe some statistics says if job have 20 or more bids , a lot good freelancers not want apply, but if job have 20 proposals,  15 to 20 looks better then exatcly 20