cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New: Blocked Invitations and a Saved Jobs Feature

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1 of 19
Hello oDeskers! This time around we’re excited to announce that freelancers, we heard you! By popular request, we have launched two features that should make your lives on oDesk easier: the ability to block future client invitations and an option to save jobs to apply to later. Block Invitations: Freelancers, you now have the ability to prevent a client from sending you any invitations in the future. This change should help reduce clutter in your inbox. To use this feature, decline an invitation and check the box at the bottom of the dialog window that says, “Block this client from sending me any future invitations”: Block Invite. Note that you can always undo a block by accessing the invite in your archive and unchecking the box. Save Jobs: You can now save a job you’re interested in and apply to it later: Save Jobs. To access your saved jobs, go to the new Saved Jobs tab in your menu bar. We’ll automatically clear any closed jobs to help keep your list up-to-date and fresh. Saved Jobs. We hope these features help you work more happily and productively on oDesk! And, as always, we value your feedback and discussion and we welcome you to join the conversation below. Happy Working, The oDesk Crew
~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shenan W Member Since: Apr 28, 2012
2 of 19
Thank you for implementing this new features especially saving a job to apply later.But saving a job is not yet available for me.Blocking invitations works perfectly for me. oDesk new releases does not take effect to all at once.It takes some time.
Highlighted
Shrikant N Member Since: Mar 7, 2011
3 of 19
Thanks for introducing these features, its going to be very helpful.
Highlighted
Hani H Member Since: Jun 11, 2014
4 of 19
Thanks for the block feature !
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Luis C Member Since: Mar 10, 2012
5 of 19
The block invitation is a god send, however I'd prefer to block specific clients altogether, from their point of view it would be as if I'd vanished. Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Rico E Member Since: Aug 15, 2010
6 of 19
One suggestion. I saved a job and when I checked, the only option for a saved job to be removed from a freelancer's list is when the job post is closed. this means that a freelancer's list will eventually be filled up if clients do not close job posts. hope there'll be an option to remove saved job(s) when no longer needed. thanks.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
7 of 19
Block this freelancer from applying to any future job.
Highlighted
Rico E Member Since: Aug 15, 2010
8 of 19
i thought for a while there that you wanted me blocked from applying to any job post... until i read the title of your reply. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Naveen S Member Since: Dec 31, 2013
9 of 19
When you want to remove a job from the saved jobs tab, you just have to click on the 'Heart' icon near the job again. Else, you can also go to the saved job and click on the 'Saved' button again to remove the job from the list.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 19
Hi all, Thank you all very much for your comments! I am very happy that you find the features helpful! Your feedback and suggestions have been passed along to our Product Team and will definitely serve to make the system even better. Thanks again!
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS