🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What should I write in the first 200 Characte...
Page options
naumanahmad12345
Community Member

What should I write in the first 200 Characters of a Cover Letter?

Hello Friends!

I'd like to open a discussion about a challenge I've encountered upon returning to freelancing after a hiatus of more than a year. I'm struggling to secure projects through bidding. Unlike before, when I received direct contracts and interview invites with ease, it now seems nearly impossible even to get potential clients to glance at my proposals.

My expertise lies in SEO, and I have recent success stories and progress reports that I eagerly share with clients in my cover letters, along with these documents. However, it appears my efforts are in vain, as my cover letters seem to go unread.

I'm puzzled about where I might be going wrong. Despite having an 88% success score and not having earned $1000 in the last 12 months, I believe there should be a way to at least get clients to open my cover letter, which, as of now, remains largely ignored.

I pride myself on writing concise proposals tailored to the specific requirements of each job posting. I've even attempted to bid with extra connects to secure the first position, yet clients seem to prefer inviting others upon reviewing the proposals.

Is there a strategy to enhance the opening rate of my cover letters under these circumstances? What do successful freelancers include in the initial 200 characters of their job proposals? This component appears critical, and I feel I'm falling short. I'm eager for expert advice on crafting cover letters that will boost the likelihood of my applications being read.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members