Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the issues going to quit

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
21 of 43

Why is it that we get notices on Facebook, but not on the forum or in our accounts when we login?

Yesterday and again this morning there is a notice on Facebook:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the Upwork website. Our technical team is investigating the issue and we will be back up as soon as possible. Apologies for the interruption!

But there is no notice anywhere to be seen on Upwork. If I am working I am surely not going to be on Facebook, so it would make more sense that notices would be posted where someone would see them the most, uhmmm like when we login to Upwork?

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
22 of 43

So this was posted before the "big" crash.

You asked when the issues were going to "quit".

Looks like they did quit...for over 15 hours....the "issues" that is Smiley Happy

noirre
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
23 of 43

There is a Facebook group?

What is this information highway called? Because when I search for an UpWork facebook group, they all seem to be from the phillipines.

jsutherland
Community Guru
24 of 43

Go to Facebook and type in Upwork. 

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
25 of 43

Hanna,

Here you go.

https://www.facebook.com/upwork

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
26 of 43

We all understand that a website can suffer from issues, especially when it's being upgraded. It's annoying, but unavoidable to some extent. However the unprofessional error pages - "Crikey!" and so on - are not unavoidable. Can we please have them removed, and replaced with something that projects the image of a professional organisation that takes site problems seriously? System failures on a site that people rely on to get work done or make a living are not an appropriate occasion for this sort of thing.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
noirre
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
27 of 43

Especially when you see them so often... 

It was amusing the first time, after that it got old very fast.

jsutherland
Community Guru
28 of 43

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Every time they try to change something they break the site. Stop all the idiotic tinkering just to please a few. Just fix what we have and leave it alone.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
29 of 43

Suzanne asked, "Why is it that we get notices on Facebook, but not on the forum or in our accounts when we login?"

Maybe because Facebook is more reliable than the Upwork site?

Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
30 of 43

and so I log in....finally am able to...and see a message...which should actually be for one of my upwork clients...reminding them to review and pay me........

(does a facepalm)...and I wonder if they got the message.

Also...yesterday during the debacle where I could not access messages...page....nada....I actually was offered a job....which now is not longer mine.

Thank you Upwork...would seem you decided it was someone else's simply because it was urgent, and I could not say *yup gimme*.....and it's from a long-standing on-and-off...give it to Irene as the occasion requires...kinda job. 

Now I wonder...will that client come back to me again with something similar? Or go back to whoever got it instead of me (there are time differences and such involved, you know). What must they have thought when I so 'rudely' chose to ignore them?

Well, I have written to them, described the situation, and apologised profusely.

HOWEVER.....I feel Upwork should message ALL clients, and explain what happened...and apologise...so that I, and others who found themselves in a similar position, do not have to walk around with egg all over our faces...DUE TO SOMETHING THAT WE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS