🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When will I get my review?
Page options
696e5822
Community Member

When will I get my review?

I've been on UpWork for only a week now and have reached 5 projects - most of them great but my second one was a bit of a headache. 

My client asked for an animated intro and asked me how long I estimate it might take me, I said 2 hours and that's what she filled on the contract: 2 hours of my work. She was initially very helpful and promising, but seemed a little bit cold which gave me a bad vibe but I went with it. I finished my work as she requested in 2 hours, however what followed were 3 hours of changes and about 2 to transfer the file to her (bad internet I guess). She asked me how long it took me and when I told her it was 5 she said she doesn't have the budget. I explained to her that she will only be billed for the 2 hours she requested so it won't go over her specified budget, even though I worked 3 times as much. She was happy about that and said she'd give me a good review. The next day she got in touch again to complain that it takes her a long time to upload the video online, I helped her out again to compress the file and so on and the last I heard from her was "thanks I'll let you know". She never did. And I didn't ask anything again because I was afraid she might ask for more free work.

When the new week started, I was notified by the system that I have to work 2 hours this week for her as well - I guess she had to end the contract, so I did it for her and didn't think much of it, I thought that now that the work is done, I can do that. Now that I read some more on the forum I realise that that's not exactly ethical of a freelancer to do so I also fear she might knock off a star for this. I know she paid for it and I know I will receive the payment next Wednesday, but she still hasn't given me a review - which I worked pretty hard for, keeping her updated and providing extra services. I suppose my question is: what's going to happen now? Does she *have* to give a review or can she just leave it blank now? 

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

If you have been paid for a project and you think the client's feedback will be less than great, it is better to close the contract and hope they don't leave feedback. But, this is only a strategy to use on contracts for which you will show some earnings. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

If you have been paid for a project and you think the client's feedback will be less than great, it is better to close the contract and hope they don't leave feedback. But, this is only a strategy to use on contracts for which you will show some earnings. 

hayyuzair
Community Member

do the reviews we get on Projects get shown on your profile also?

petra_r
Community Member

Uzair H wrote:

do the reviews we get on Projects get shown on your profile also?

Yes (for project catalogue orders)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members