🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where can I view profile client from a job of...
Page options
b3a569df
Community Member

Where can I view profile client from a job offer recieved via messages

I recieved a message from a client with a job offer.

How can I view this client details like payment method, reviews, hire rates, etc etc?

When I click on the client picture I can not see his profile. How can I decide whether to accept the offer or not if I know nothing about the client? They did not post a job, from which I sent a proposal

4 REPLIES 4
6eb496a4
Community Member

Try contacting the client through messages and if it doesn't work try to contact upwork customer support to about the issue

crart
Community Member

It's hidden on purpose so you don't know exactly how many scammers roam around here unchecked, feeding UW's pockets.

a8d1dc31
Community Member

When opening the message, there is an info box "About the client". It shows the location, the rating, the number of jobs and the $-spendings (and also some more details). From my point of view, these information should be sufficient to get an idea whether it's a "real" client and not a scammer. For me, this approach worked well.

lizablau
Community Member

I can no longer see anything on clients' pages past July/August 2023, and that includes feedback (including my own), recent hires, etc. 

Upwork has decided to "hide" recent and even not-so-recent info about clients. So if you're interested in learning about a client's history and feedback to decide whether to accept a job.... fuhgeddaboudit!   

Why is nobody talking about this lack of transparency?? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members