cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can the Freelancer see Milestones and amount to be paid per milestone?

Highlighted
Philip C Member Since: Jan 2, 2019
1 of 10

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. Where can I see the milestone's the client and I agreed to?

2. How do I submit the work for each milestone?

Thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 10

Hi Philip, 

Please go to your My Jobs page, and click on the contract that you would like to view. From there, you will see more details about your contract. On the Milestones & Earnings tab, you should see the milestones that were set by the client, and an option to submit work/request for payment. You should be able to submit your work from there, write a message to your client describing the work, and add an attachment, or include a link to the work. 

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 10

Hi Avery,

The attached screenshot shows what I see when I click on the Contract. There is no "Milestones and Earnings" tab. And no "Submit work/request payment" either. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Philip (screenshot attached)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 10

Hi Philip,

The reason why this information are not listed on your contract is because you have been hired on a hourly contract. The information that Avery mentioned are listed when you`re hired on a fixed price contract. 
I would also suggest to check out this Thread and learn more about Upwork and how it works. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
5 of 10

Hi Goran,

So what do I do now?

6 of 10

The client and I agreed to work with milestones, but another moderator says that I was hired "hourly" so now I can't see milestones, so how to ensure that I get paid for the first milestone?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 10

@Philip C wrote:

The client and I agreed to work with milestones, but another moderator says that I was hired "hourly" so now I can't see milestones, so how to ensure that I get paid for the first milestone?

There is no such thing as milestones on an hourly contract. The client can pay you as a bonus, then end the contract, and rehire you under a properly funded fixed rate contract.

In general it is worth finding out the most basic details before jumping into something headfirst Smiley Wink

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg"Where is my money?"

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 10

re: "The client and I agreed to work with milestones, but another moderator says that I was hired 'hourly' so now I can't see milestones, so how to ensure that I get paid for the first milestone?"

You made a mistake. You can't "ensure" anything.

If you have an hourly contract and you already did work on the project, without logging time using the desktop time-tracker application, then you may enter manual hours.

If you contract does NOT allow you to enter manual hours, then you may accept the loss or you may write a brief note to the client explaining that you did not log time, and ask her to pay you using the client-side "Pay Bonus" tool.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 10

Philip,

Please, discuss this with the client directly. If both of you prefer to use a fixed-price contract, the client can close the current hourly contract and send you a new offer for a fixed-price contract. Feel free to share this help article with the client.

~ Valeria
Untitled
10 of 10

Thank you Valeria K! I knew there had to be a solution.  I appreciate your suggestion.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS