🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Which job skills do you recommend?
Page options
rowright
Community Member

Which job skills do you recommend?

I would like to earn $1000 US by the end of this month as I want to be one of the top rated on Upwork. Which job skills do you think I should search for? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Any tips on how you reached a $1000 US would be helpful. 

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Roxanne W wrote:

I would like to earn $1000 US by the end of this month as I want to be one of the top rated on Upwork. Which job skills do you think I should search for?

That's not how it works.

What skills do you actually HAVE? You've made about half of what you are planning to make in just over 2 weeks in the past year, so Good Luck with that...

You also have a JSS of 80% - so you can't be top rated until you have had a JSS of 90% or above for at least 13 out of the last 16 weeks.

rowright
Community Member

Hello Petra, I have data entry skills, internet reseach skills and call handling skills. I will work on increasing my JSS to 90%. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Roxanne W wrote:

I would like to earn $1000 US by the end of this month as I want to be one of the top rated on Upwork. Which job skills do you think I should search for? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Any tips on how you reached a $1000 US would be helpful. 

- Created the strongest profile I could manage, highlighting ways that my strongest skills could provide value to clients.

- Did homework on and off the platform to see what rates and fees FLs with comparable experience & credentials were getting.

- Searched UW job posts more or less daily for several weeks, used my first 60 connects.

- Landed a small hourly contract at a rate somewhat lower than I was ultimately aiming for.

- Learned to search more effectively, used my second 60 connects more selectively, no new clients yet.

- Completed first hourly contract and client hired me on a larger, fixed-rate project that put me over $1k.

- Kept grinding away, connected with a new client in my third month who hired me for several projects. Didn't really start building momentum for another six months. 

Thank you for your valuable feedback Phyllis. I will bear them in mind. 

How do you effectively carry out a search to get responses from your proposals?

Roxanne W wrote:

How do you effectively carry out a search to get responses from your proposals?

What do you mean? Search for what?

versailles
Community Member

I think neurosurgeons are well paid.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene K wrote:

I think neurosurgeons are well paid.

A lot of surgical interventions are computers supported nowadays, the surgeon could be in a different country, or a different continent even. Rene, you are really on to something here. What do you think, hourly or fixed price? 

True, but the OP can get fast hands-on training to be a neurosurgeon at Trump University...  just in time for the next JSS update. 

I think there are pills you can take to gain any skill that Upwork clients hire for:

graphic designer pill: $40

French to English translation pill: $50

PHP programmer (Laravel): $80

Limitless_Poster.jpg

Preston H wrote:

I think there are pills you can take to gain any skill that Upwork clients hire for:

Limitless_Poster.jpg

Preston H wrote:

Limitless_Poster.jpg

Darn, Preston! There needs to be a warning label to your posts (included with the pills?) "Don't drink your blueberry smoothie when reading, risk of spillage." Thanks Preston, thanks a lot...

yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English