🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Applying on jobs is getting expensive on ...
Page options
rahulbangar786
Community Member

Why Applying on jobs is getting expensive on Upwork?

Why Applying for jobs is getting expensive on Upwork? Initially, Upwork required 8 connects to apply for a job and now 18 connects. What's going on guys?

6 REPLIES 6
celgins
Community Member

Because Upwork is a for-profit business and everything it does is designed to help the company generate income and sustain profitability.

655be748
Community Member

Agreed.

64fd1bd2
Community Member

I agree with you, especially for those new to joining Upwork; Upwork shall give some encouragement.

lysis10
Community Member

Time to up them rates. Fall is coming soon so it's time to make some edited for community guidelines moneyyyyyy. 

655be748
Community Member

Agreed, Now this plateform is making profit from these things. However its a nice platform.

a6d9d3ed
Community Member

I'm trying to find another source of income because Upwork has disappointed me. They are just first selling connects to freelancers and then looting those connects through several fraud methods (fake jobs, no-hiring jobs). They they resell connects. 

"Connects" They sell us connects. A thing which they can auto generate as much as they like. It has no real value. Commision on jobs is not enough and then came the big fraud. Boosting of proposals. Freelancers are just spending 20s 30s 50s of connects on single job and Upwork is just sittin there watching the show in front row. I've started finding another source of income because this is just dying with wrong policies and non-transparent policies. Really disappointing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members