🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Has My Response Time Disappeared?
Page options
iaabraham
Community Member

Why Has My Response Time Disappeared?

The "< 24 hrs response time" / responsiveness score has disappeared from the Availability section on my profile. I'm assuming that this happened after setting myself to "Not Available" a while ago.

But that doesn't mean I don't reply (quickly) to clients. Does this affect my profile visibility in any way or when I send proposals?

6 REPLIES 6
michael_skaggs
Community Member

It's only based on how quickly you respond to invitations, not offers or actual clients. If you haven't had any invitations in the pas 90 days, you won't have a rating.

Setting your profile to "not available" will only affect your visibility in searches. If you send a proposal, they'll still see it, and they can still see your profile at any time.

Hi, I always replied to an invitation within two to three hours. I recieved 6 invitation and I replied all the invitation within 2 to 3 hrs. But there are showing 5 out of 6 invitation replied in my stats. Why?
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Generally speaking, you must have had at least 10 invitations in the past 90 days, to have a responsiveness score.
Your profile visibility in search is affected when you set your profile visibility to private. It is, very much needless to say, set to private in search when you set it to private.

ETA: Your profile is also invisible in search when you set yourself as not available until [date].
This has absolutely nothing to do with the actual proposals you send. Clients will always see those ones, irregardless.

iaabraham
Community Member

Thanks guys, I just hope this doesn't affect my profile's ranking -- either in search lists or proposal rank -- when I'm available again. 

The algorithm works in very mysterious ways, Isabelle Anne Abraham.

No one can say with any certainty whether you will have the same propensity to be Best match as you do now, when you come back on March the 2nd.

That said, there is a general consensus that recent successful outcomes weigh in more heavily than older outcomes. So when you come back in a few months, don't expect to start raking it in again right from day one. You must allow a few days/weeks to get eased in again.

In all cases, you should still be top rated with very much the same JSS when you come back, barring any very unusual circumstances.

You should be the least worried freelancer on Upwork right now.

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Thanks guys, I just hope this doesn't affect my profile's ranking -- either in search lists or proposal rank -- when I'm available again. 

Everything's a mystery with Upwork, but I am super crappy at responding and I get plenty of invitations, and even the odd cold offer. Right now my response time is <24 hours, but that's pretty unusual for me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members