🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why am I not getting any serious offers from ...
Page options
jetpromaster
Community Member

Why am I not getting any serious offers from clients?

I am a senior dev.

Built the most brutal HRIS system single handedly, from scratch, on my junior years.

Led a team on building one of the most complex Telehealth, E-Consultation EMR Application.

Built over 50+ websites.

Built over 20+ Apps

Faced every single most difficult challenges a human can face in their entire life span

Made so many automation scripts I lost count already

Too success driven, that sometimes it scary already.

Sacrificed every single act of lust, dishonesty, immoral pleasure and desire to maintain focus, mental strength and peace of mind.

I have committed myself fully to become great in what I do, so 1 day I will never have to fear the incapability of providing food on the table.

But yet, it still feels like nothing has chaned.

It's like I've wasted my time becoming better.

App Development is too broad that I think the only most important thing that a developer can learn is how to successfully deliver a simplified version of the clients specifications and needs  in a form of an app.

If an elderly manages to use your app without the slightest form of confusion, that means you made one hell of an app.

Apps don't have to become complicated, the only time that an app will fail is when the client goes non stop on his/her ideas and the developer just doesn't have the slightest idea on how to execute the way he should.

I only wish that I can use my skills where I can build something great again and not those research apps or one night visionary individuals that seemed to have lost interest the next morning.

2 REPLIES 2
15b8ab81
Community Member

It's natural to sometimes feel like your efforts might not be yielding the results you desire, especially when you're putting in a lot of hard work and dedication. Here are a few thoughts to consider:

1. Sense of Fulfillment: While external recognition and financial success are important, it's also crucial to find personal fulfillment and satisfaction in the work you do. Reflect on the impact your projects have had on users, businesses, or industries. Sometimes, the true value of your efforts might not be immediately apparent.

2. Continuous Learning: The field of app development is indeed vast and constantly evolving. While simplifying client specifications is important, staying up-to-date with new technologies, tools, and development methodologies can also contribute to your success. The ability to adapt and learn is a valuable skill.

3. Finding Meaningful Projects: It's important to align your work with projects that resonate with you and align with your long-term goals. Seek out opportunities that allow you to create something meaningful and impactful, rather than just chasing after any project that comes your way.

3755345a
Community Member

Here are a few thoughts to consider:

1. Reflect on Your Goals: Take some time to reflect on your long-term goals. What kind of impact do you want to make with your skills? What sort of projects would bring you the most fulfillment? This self-reflection can help you identify the direction you want to take.

2. Seek Meaningful Projects: While app development can cover a wide range of applications, from simple tools to complex systems, you can choose to focus on projects that align with your personal values and interests. Look for opportunities to work on projects that have a positive impact on society, businesses, or specific communities.

3. Communication and Expectations: You're right that successful app development often boils down to effective communication between developers and clients. Being able to simplify complex requirements and deliver a user-friendly experience is crucial. Clear communication from the beginning can help manage client expectations and lead to more successful outcomes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members